Friday, February 9, 2007
Friday, February 9, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 9, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Changes Would Limit Transit Phone Service
Proposal to have passengers pre-register specific routes in order to get arrival times via Bay Area 511.
Link to story in the San Francisco Chronicle:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/09/BAG7LO1QR21.DTL
2) Boston T Credits Charlie Card with Halting Fare Jumpers
Link to story in The Boston Globe:
3) New York to Test Ways to Guard Against Nuclear TerrorLink to story in The New York Times:
4) Smarter Skies
Air traffic will choke the nation's aging radar grid in the next decade. Two American technology firms are racing to replace it with the Internet of the air.
Link to story in Forbes:
5) Lazy-Worker Tip Line in Illinois is Getting Few Complaint Calls
Link to story in the Quad City Times:
6) FEMA Preparedness Panel Planned
Link to story in Government Computer News:
Link to notice in the Federal Register:
7) Message Boards Will Alert Wichita Drivers
An 18-month design phase has begun for the intelligent transportation system.
Link to story in The Wichita Eagle:
8) Camp-Out with Toronto Transit Geeks
Transit camp brings officials and riders together.
Link to story in Now Magazine:
9) News from ERTICO
- MAPS&ADAS-SafeMap Joint Workshop Highlights Digital Maps for Road Safety
- 7th eSafety Forum Plenary Meeting to Discuss Clean and Efficient Mobility
- TNO Symposium on Cooperative Vehicle-Infrastructure Systems
1) New Web Site Launched to help Seattleites Prepare for Emergencieshttp://www.cityofseattle.net/news/detail.asp?ID=7000&Dept=42
Link to site: http://www.seattle.gov/emergency/
2) People on the Move: Using All Transportation Options (ADA and Beyond…) - Free train-the-trainer session being offered in Anchorage.
3) Roseville, California Transportation Options Improved with Real-Time, Online Traffic Monitoring System
Link to Roseville Traveler Information: http://traffic.roseville.ca.us/roseville/
SASMEX 2007-Safety at Sea and Marine Equipment Exhibition – April 24-25 – Brighton, UK
I get nervous watching for deer. Glad I don’t drive down this road.
Today in Transportation History
1969 – The first test flight of the Boeing 747 takes place.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast