Friday, February 23, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, February 22, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Bernie Wagenblast Voice Services
You probably know me best through the TCN but what you might not realize is that I had my start in broadcasting and have continued to use my voice for a number of projects. Among those for whom I've provided my voice are the Port Authority of NY & NJ, TransCore, the City of Laredo, and the New York State Thruway. Each day thousands hear my announcements on AirTrain at Newark and JFK airports.
If your company or agency should need a friendly, professional voice for a phone system, Web site, video, PowerPoint presentation or just about anything else, please let me know. In most cases distance isn't an issue since recordings can be sent via e-mail or on a CD. To learn more, please visit http://transportcommunications.googlepages.com/berniewagenblastvoiceservices or drop me a note at email@example.com.
1) Report Blames Pennsylvania DOT, State Police and State Emergency Management for Storm Problems
Link to story in The Patriot-News:
2) Incident at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Spurs Retraining of Controllers
Pilot denied emergency landing request.
Link to story and video report on WFAA-TV:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/022107dnmetairport.1435bba.html (may require free registration)
3) Now, SMS Will Alert You about Traffic Violations in Dubai
Link to story in the Khaleej Times:
4) Stamford, Connecticut May Put Traffic Camera Feeds Online
Link to story in The Advocate:
5) Human Error and Road Transport – A Framework for an Error Tolerant Road Transport System
Link to reports from the Monash University Accident Research Centre:
http://www.monash.edu.au/muarc/reports/muarc256.pdf (Phase 1)
http://www.monash.edu.au/muarc/reports/muarc257.pdf (Phase 2)
1) New eSafety and eCall Brochures
2) Ohio DOT Signs Traffic.com to Provide Traffic Data Services
3) Cars and Notebook PCs Add to Robust Demand for Cellular Communications Capabilities, says Berg Insight
4) Industry First RV Park and Campground GPS Points-Of-Interest File Immediately Available from GoCampingAmerica.com and GPS POI US, LLC
American Association of Port Authorities Spring Conference – March 19-20 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1907 **100th anniversary** - The first cabs with meters began operating in London.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast