Friday, September 7, 2007
Friday, September 7, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, September 7, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
ITS America to Present Webinar on 14th World Congress on ITS in Beijing
ITS America will host a highly informative Webinar titled “14th World Congress on ITS: Preparing for Beijing.” The two-hour Webinar is scheduled for Monday, September 24, 2007 at 1 p.m. (EST). Webinar attendees will learn how to make the most of their experience at the 14th World Congress on ITS in Beijing, which will be held October 9-13, 2007. Topics to be covered include: opening and closing ceremony highlights, exhibitors, sessions, U.S. Congressional delegation, technical tours, networking events, accommodations and travel tips. To register for this free Webinar, please send an e-mail containing your full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit http://www.itsa.org/beijing_worldcongress.html.
1) Before Going On Air, Texas DOT Hears Static
Officials getting coached by pros on how to promote controversial plans.
Link to story in the Houston Chronicle:
2) Monitoring Traffic Goes High-Tech in Chandigarh, India – New Radar, Cameras Come on Road
Link to Express News Service story:
3) Toll Cameras Let Many Off at Tacoma Narrows Bridge
License plates too blurry to read for four of 10 bridge scofflaws.Link to story in The News Tribune:http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/149833.html
4) Microsoft, Siemens Team on Car Navigation
Link to IDG News Service story:
Link to news release from Siemens VDO and Microsoft:
5) Caltrain Scraps Plans to Offer Wi-Fi Service
Link to story in the San Jose Mercury News:http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_6825041
6) India's Regional Sat Nav System on Track
Link to story in GPS World:
7) MADD Pushes for Alcohol Locks
Link to story in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
8) A Discussion of Intelligent Transport Systems Issues in the Middle East
Link to column on Altaqata:
9) Airborne Antenna Could Bring Internet and Entertainment to Airliners
Link to story from InformationWeek:
10) Cyprus Government Examines Problems with Traffic Camera Supplier
Link to story in the Cyprus Mail:
11) Experimenting with Twitter: How Newsrooms are Using It to Reach More Users
Some news organizations are using Twitter to send traffic updates.
Link to story on Poynter Online:
Link to Twitter: http://twitter.com/
1) Reduction in the Cost of Automotive Navigation Systems is Expected to Propel Demand in the North American Automotive Navigation Systems Markets
National Weather Association 32nd Annual Meeting – October 13-18 – Reno, Nevada
I don’t believe you’ll find this maintenance tip in the Boeing owner’s manual.
Today in Transportation History
1977 **30th anniversary** - US President Jimmy Carter signs the Panama Canal Treaty, transferring the canal to Panama.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast