Thursday, September 20, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, September 20, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 75th Annual Meeting & Exhibition
Join IBTTA on October 7-10, 2007 in Vienna, AUSTRIA for the 75th Annual Meeting & Exhibition. The theme, Tolling: the Art of the Possible will be celebrated in this extraordinary city with focus on strategies and solutions to promote economic growth, improve mobility, enhance the quality of life and save lives. Download the full program and learn about all the details of the event at http://www.ibtta.org/Events/eventdetail.cfm?ItemNumber=2096. Celebrate 75 years of Driving Change with IBTTA this fall! Don’t miss this one!!
1) Taiwan National Freeway Bureau Working on New Traffic System
Link to story in the Taipei Times:
2) New York MTA Urged to Tell Riders What’s Going On in Crisis
Link to story in the Daily News:
Link to news release from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority:
Link to report: http://mta.info/mta/pdf/storm_report_2007.pdf
3) Battle Looms Over EU-Wide Road-Charging Scheme
Link to story on EurActiv:
4) UK Highways Agency Rolls Out New Services to Road Users
Link to story in ComputerWeekly:
5) Montana Makes Deal with Railroad for Radio Communications
State will pay BNSF $500,000 to lease and build communications equipment to provide better law enforcement radio communications in northern Montana.
Link to AP story:
6) New York City Aims to Launch Program to Improve Crisis Communication
Link to story in The New York Sun:
7) New York MTA Makes Deal for Cell Phones in Stations
Link to story in The New York Times:
8) Vermont Towns’ Buildings to be Re-created on Google Earth
Link to story in the Burlington Free Press:
Link to additional information on Google 3D Warehouse: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/
9) Western Transportation Institute Issues Final Reports
- An Evaluation of RouteMatch Software in the Billings MET Special Transit System
- An Assessment of Wildlife-Transportation Issues in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- Traffic Monitor Trailers, Configuration and Deployment Final Report
1) AAA Foundation Study Finds Many Traffic Signals Can Not Accommodate Older Pedestrians
2) Latest Issue of BE Magazine Looks at Intelligent Transportation Systems
Rocket City Geospatial Conference – October 15-17 – Huntsville, Alabama
Today in Transportation History
1967 **40th anniversary** - The Queen Elizabeth II is launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast