Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, February 6, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Have you ever considered doing a podcast for your organization? It's a great way to tell your customers or members the latest news, give them details about an upcoming meeting or even reach out to potential new customers. With everyone so busy these days, a podcast lets you communicate your message while your audience is doing everything from commuting to jogging.
You're the expert on your business and what you want to communicate but you may not be comfortable getting behind a mic. That's where I come in. Working with you, I can help you tailor your script and add the polish of a professional voice. A big plus is that I know transportation so I'll understand what you want to say and how to most effectively say in an audio format. Please contact me at email@example.com to learn more. Remember, I can also take on other voice projects such as phone prompts and PowerPoint narrations. You can hear samples of my work by visiting http://brwagenblast.googlepages.com/voice.
1) SFR Launches a Car Pooling Service on Mobiles
Link to story in Transport Information Group:
Link to further information: http://www.covoiturage-campus.com/ (in French)
2) South Carolina Bill Would Outlaw Advertising in School Buses
Link to story in The Greenville News:
SAFETY / SECURITY
3) University of Cincinnati Agrees to Highway Sign Pact with ARTIMIS
During campus emergencies, signs will be used to alert drivers of campus closure.
Link to story in The News Record:
4) Ford Trucks Get Business Savvy
Company introduces package of computer-based tools for its F-Series vehicles.
Link to story in the Detroit Free Press:
Link to news release from Ford:
1) HNTB Team Wins SANDAG On-Call Contract
2) New Air Traffic Tower Simulators Will Improve Controller Training
3) Acacia Subsidiary Enters into License Agreement with Cobra Electronics
4) SpeedInfo Sensors to Help Seattle-area Commuters by Providing Up-to-the-Minute Traffic Information
- Request for Applications – Express Lanes Demonstration Program – Federal Highway Administration
National Bike Summit – March 4-6 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1978 **30th anniversary** - The CVS Samaritan Van program began service in Providence, Rhode Island.
1998 **10th anniversary** - Washington National Airport was renamed Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast