Friday, March 28, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 28, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) National Air Traffic Controllers Association Chief Calls for More Scrutiny of FAA’s NextGen
Link to story in Aviation International News:
Link to text of speech:
2) Boeing Lays Out Case Against Ex-Worker Accused of Media Leaks
Link to story in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
3) Chaos at Heathrow’s New Terminal
Link to story in Time:
Link to statement from British Airways:
4) In-Flight Broadband Imminent
Link to column in PC World:
Link to news release from Aircell:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) TomTom Says Merger Delayed by EU Investigation
Link to story in PC World:
6) Startup Offers US Speed Trap Data for Garmin PNDs
Link to story in GPS World:
Link to Speed Trap Mashup from Njection: http://njection.com/speedtrap/
7) GPS Loses Its Way
Slackening consumer confidence and increased competition affecting industry.
Link to story in Forbes:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Traffic Alerts Beamed to Calgary Drivers
City program sends updates to commuters.
Link to story in the Calgary Herald:
Link to further information from the City of Calgary:
9) Car Software to Spot Green Lights and Cut CO2
Link to story on EurActiv:
10) Intelligent Brake Lights Reveal Deceleration
Link to story in Traffic Technology International:
1) FAA, NATCA Announce Agreement on Air Traffic Safety Action Program (ATSAP)
2) Illinois Commerce Commission Issues 5-Year Rail Crossing Safety Improvement Plan
3) Verizon Wireless and Loopt Announce Relationship to Deliver Social Mapping Service to Mobile Phones
New Standards for Sign Retroreflectivity Web Briefing – May 1
Ever wonder about the origination of some of those logos on your car?
Today in Transportation History
1975 – The American Freedom Train departs as it begins its celebration of the American Bicentennial.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast