Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 13, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) What Makes a Good Airport?
Signage one important element.
Link to story on BBC News Magazine:
2) Airports Adopt Their Own Original Theme Songs
Link to column in USA Today:
3) ‘Appleton Airport’ Ad Riles County Board
Officials upset with unofficial name change for Outagamie County Regional Airport.
Link to story in the Appleton Post-Crescent:
4) Hong Kong to Streamline Ship Registration with Online Service
Link to story in the Macau Daily Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Red-Light Cameras Under Fire in Georgia Senate
Link to AP story:
Link to additional information on bill:
6) What Exactly is Distracted Driving?
Illinois lawmakers attempt to nail down activities for proposed ban.
Link to story in The State Journal-Register:
7) English Signs Baffle Foreign Drivers in Australia
Link to story in The Daily Telegraph:
8) University of South Florida Professor in Red-Light Study Filed Suit in Rear-End Wreck
Link to story in The Tampa Tribune
9) Does Space Need Air Traffic Control?
Link to story in The Christian Science Monitor:
10) Washington, DC Metro Rail Wireless System Would Allow Use of All Cell Phones
Link to story in The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/12/AR2008031203763.html (may require free registration)
Link to news release from WMATA:
11) Fare Collection Upgrades Good for Operators, Riders
Link to story in Metro:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) More Live Traffic Cameras for Philadelphia
Link to story in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
13) Turn Left. No Right. I Mean Left
Getting from A to B on time is about to become as easy as ABC.
Link to story in The Economist:
14) How Green Do You Drive?
Motorists volunteer to have habits monitored, be steered to environmentally friendly commute.
Link to story in The Denver Post:
1) North American Commercial Vehicle Telematics Market Ripe with Growth Potential
2) Iteris Announces Introduction of Industry-First Lane Departure Warning Data Collection Product “Safety Direct” for the Heavy Truck Market
3) EDS and Continental Airlines Launch Next Generation Flight Operations Program
- Director of Planning and Special Services – Kansas City Area Transportation Authority – Kansas City, Missouri
- Project Manager - Urban Design – VIA Metropolitan Transit – San Antonio, Texas
4th International Congress on Transport Research in Greece – May 27-31 – Athens
Today in Transportation History
1928 **80th anniversary** Eileen Vollick became the first female licensed pilot in Canada.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast