Thursday, March 20, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 20, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Join IBTTA in Orlando, Florida for the Facilities Management Workshop - April 27-29, 2008
Join the industry’s leading engineers and technical experts at the Facilities Management Workshop and obtain practical solutions to the daily challenges involved with the operation of a toll facility. Program topics ranging from engineering & design, maintenance, security and law enforcement operations, and technology will be covered. Hosted by Florida's Turnpike Enterprise and Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority this workshop will assist you in better managing your facility, while also gaining insight on how agencies are approaching many environmental issues such as alternative fuels, LEED®/Green Facilities and air quality. Registration deadline is April 15, 2008. Download the program, find the details and register online today! www.IBTTA.org.
1) Beware: Big Brother has Got You Fingered
British Airways to require fingerprints and photos of all passengers in new Heathrow terminal.
Link to column in The Times:
2) Emirates Air Launches In-Flight Telephony
Link to story in WirelessWeek:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) In Europe, LBS Needs to be More than Sat-Nav
Link to story on cellular-news:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Honolulu Brings Rail ‘Truth’ to Radio for $2,400 a Month
Weekly one-hour program counters anti-rail radio programming.
Link to story in The Honolulu Advertiser:
5) Hughes Telematics’ CEO Talks In-Car Connectivity
Link to story on MarketWatch:
6) E-Ticketing Catching Up in Bus Transport in India
Link to story in CXOToday:
Link to redBus.in: http://www.redbus.in/
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) The Big Picture on Traffic in Jersey
$29 million center to boast a video wall, consolidate state agencies.
Link to story in The Star-Ledger:
8) Bus with Fancy, Friendly Features Around the Corner
Link to story in The Hindu:
1) ROSATTE Project Launches New Web Site
2) MTA Long Island Rail Road Goes Wireless in Penn Station Waiting Room
3) ITS America Welcomes New General Counsel and Director of Environmental Affairs
- Request for Proposals – Furnish and Provide Electronic Toll Technology and Associated Subsystem Components and Services for the Operation of an E-ZPass System – E-ZPass Interagency Group
ITS California Vehicle-Infrastructure Integration Workshops – March 26 – Anaheim, California and March 27 – Richmond, California
Yesterday’s “Upcoming Event,” “Assessing the Potential for BRT in Your Region: Lessons Learned from a Los Angeles/New York ITS Peer-to-Peer Exchange,” had an incorrect date. The correct date is April 16. My apologies for the error.
Today in Transportation History
1928 **80th anniversary** - James Ward Packard, an automobile pioneer, died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast