Monday, April 6, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, April 6, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) A Scramble to Add Air Traffic Controllers
Link to story in The New York Times:
2) Orlando International Airport Tower's Air Controllers' Inexperience is a Cause for Concern
Link to story in the Orlando Sentinel:
3) Challenging Times for Bus Rapid Transit System in Johannesburg
Link to story in Engineering News:
4) Cameras Sought for Louisiana Railroad Crossings
Link to AP story:
5) London Boats to Take Oyster Card as Mayor Promotes Thames
Link to Bloomberg News story:
6) North Korean Missile Launch Sends Officials Rushing Into Action
Air traffic, maritime vessels quickly advised.
Link to story in The Yomiuri Shimbun:
7) Information and Communications Technologies and Climate Change: Problem or Solution?
Link to story on EurActiv:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Airport Face Scanners ‘Cannot Tell the Difference Between Osama bin Laden and Winona Ryder’
Link to story in the Telegraph:
9) US DOT Aggregates Hazmat Reporting
Link to story in Government Computer News:
10) MTA Online - How the New York City Subway Transit System Uses the Internet and Social Media
Link to interview with Diane Chehab on Maketing.FM:
11) NBC in Transit Launches in New York, New Jersey
News and entertainment will air on PATH trains and stations.
Link to story in The Hollywood Reporter:
1) Inrix Delivers Real-Time Access to 10,000 Traffic Cameras
2) Research and Markets: Navigation to Boost European Passenger Vehicle Telematics and Infotainment Market Growth in the Short to Medium-Term
2009 The Future of Tolling: ORT and the Path to Interoperability – June 14-16 – Tampa, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1909 **100th anniversary** - Robert Perry and Matthew Henson claimed to have been the first to reach the North Pole.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast