Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
Regular Registration Ends April 30 for ITS America’s 2009 Annual Meeting & Exposition
The deadline to register at the regular registration rate for the 2009 Annual Meeting and Exposition of ITS America is rapidly approaching! Members of ITS America and public sector employees can register for $800.00 - that's a $100.00 discount off the late registration rate! Full registration includes admittance to all educational sessions, the exhibit hall, the Technology Showcase, and ITS America's networking events. With ITS America 2009 in the Metro Washington Area, this is a wonderful opportunity to interact with legislators on the federal, state, and local level to showcase ITS products and services. In addition to policy and technical sessions, the event will feature “city streets” vehicle and infrastructure technology demonstrations, a 150,000 square foot exhibit hall, tours of area transportation projects and facilities, and many other activities. Be sure to take advantage of these registration rates before they increase on May 1. For more information on registration packages and to register, click here.
1) Hudson Ditching Survivor Joins Overwhelming Public Opposition to FAA Bird Strike Data Secrecy
Link to AP story:
Link to all responses:
2) Airline Leaders Shift Focus on Air Traffic Control Replacement
Link to story in USA Today:
3) Police: Suspect in Custody in Murder of Photo Radar Worker
Link to story in The Arizona Republic.
4) DC First in Line for Free Mobile Digital TV; Other Cities to Follow
Link to story in The Washington Post:
5) Missouri City, Texas Approves Intelligent Transportation System
Link to story on FortBendNow:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Secure Flight Roils Booking Technology
Link to story in Business Travel News:
7) Low on Oil? Check Your Cell Phone
Link to story in The Korea Herald:
8) Dubai Commuters Can Now Plan Their Journey
Link to story in the Gulf News:
Link to Wojhati: http://www.rta.ae/WOJHATI/dub/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Streetfilms: Behind the Scenes at Los Angeles Traffic Control
Link to video on Streetsblog:
1) Public Meeting on IntelliDrive Proof of Concept (POC) Results and Findings
2) Aviation Weather, Flight Planning and Airport Data on Your Cell Phone
3) DC Metro Expands Advertising Opportunities with New Digital Projection Advertising
4) Cadcorp Launches CCTV Mapping System
12th International Conference on Automated People Movers – May 31-June 3 – Atlanta
Today in Transportation History
1994 **15th anniversary** - US DOT unveiled its ‘Share the Road’ public service campaign.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast