Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
U.S. Chief Technology Officer Nominee Aneesh Chopra to Moderate CTO Roundtable at ITS America’s 2009 Annual Meeting & Exposition
President Obama’s nominee for U.S. Chief Technology Officer and Virginia’s Secretary of Technology, Aneesh Chopra, will moderate the CTO Roundtable at ITS America’s 2009 Annual Meeting & Exposition from 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. on Monday, June 1 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. Offered for the first time at an ITS America Annual Meeting, the CTO Roundtable will bring together the technology experts of several organizations to present their vision for a technology-savvy organization and offer insights that will help shape and implement ITS solutions in the transportation arena. Discounted registration rates are available through April 30. For more information and to register, go to http://www.itsa.org/annualmeeting.html.
1) All-Electronic North Texas Tollway Authority Toll Booth System Delayed
Link to AP story:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Obama Lifts Up GPS in Speech to US Scientists
Link to story in Inside GNSS:
3) New Google Search Tool Aimed at Making Sense of Public Data
Link to story in The Washington Post:
4) Road Safety Interview: Sweden’s Vision Zero
Link to interview on Allianz Knowledge:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) New York MTA a Tech Wreck
Lawsuit says high-tech security project can’t be completed.
Link to story in the New York Post:
6) Microsoft Launches Social Media Tool
Emergency managers could use Vine to communicate with citizens.
Link to story in Government Technology:
7) Mercedes’ OnStar Clone Tries Out Ads
Link to story in PC Magazine:
8) TransLink Fare Cards Pass BART Tests
Link to story in the San Francisco Chronicle:
9) Contactless Fare Collection Systems Moving Forward
Link to story in ContactlessNews:
Link to news release from the Smart Card Alliance:
10) Transit Alerts that Work
Link to story and video on WNYW-TV:
1) OnStar Shines for GM, as Auto Telematics Becomes Mainstream
2) Celebrate National Train Day Online with Streaming Video Programming Featuring the History of American Passenger Rail Service and the California Zephyr
3) Navteq Unveils a New Look and Enhancements for Navteq Traffic.com
4) New Kentucky Traffic Safety Web Site Launched
The Great West Truck Show – June 25-27 – Las Vegas
Today in Transportation History
1789 **220th anniversary** - The mutiny on the HMAV Bounty took place.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast