Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, May 31, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) How Alaska Airlines Beats the Clock
Link to article in The News Tribune:
2) Plane-Maker Group Welcomes FAA ADS-B Requirement
Link to blog on seattlepi:
3) FAA Makes Sure Chicago-Area Medevac Groups Have Proper Contact Info
Outreach follows Flight for Life getting busy signal when seeking permission to fly.
Link to story in the Daily Herald:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Woman, Hit by Car, Sues Google for Faulty Directions
Link to CNET News article:
5) Media Claim Access to Gulf Spill Site has Been Limited
BP said to have played a role in some plane and boat restrictions.
Link to AP article:
6) Wyoming Agencies Use Web to Connect
State highway patrol and DOT find success with social networks.
Link to article from the Star-Tribune:
7) Cartoons Find the Humor in Traffic Accidents
Link to article in Viet Nam News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Campaign Adds Tonnage to Motorcycle Safety Message
Link to article in the Lincoln Journal Star:
9) May Edition of Signal, Newsletter of the European Rail Traffic Management System
Link to newsletter:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) How to Remind a Parent of the Baby in the Car?
Link to article in The New York Times:
11) No More ‘Comrades’ on Beijing Buses
Link to Reuters article:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Massachusetts 511 Users, Say Bye to the Voice on the Other End of the Line
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
13) Costa Rica Gets Personal Navigation Devices with RDS-TMC Traffic
Link to article on GPS Business News:
1) New Jersey DOT Launches Project-Specific Widgets for Easy Access to Traffic Information
2) Secure System Developed for Monitoring Transport of Goods in Real-Time
3) All Roads Lead to 2010 World Cup – Plans Include Transport Information Web Site and Monitoring by National Command Center
Mississippi Valley Conference 2010 - July 7-9 - Des Moines, Iowa
Today in Transportation History
1790 **220th anniversary** The Princecesa Real, set sail on a mission to explore the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net