Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, September 27, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Panel Backs Easing Electronic Device Restrictions on Planes
Link to AP article:
2) Portland, Oregon Airport Sued by ACLU Over Rejection of Anti-Clearcutting Ad
Link to article in The Oregonian:
3) Report: Social Media to Define India's Air Transport Landscape
Link to article in the Economic Times:
4) UK Government Proposal Would Curb Use of Cameras for Parking Violations
Link to article in the Burton Mail:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Four California 'Cone Zone' Crashes Lead to Safety Warning
Link to article in The Sacramento Bee:
6) Poll Shows Widespread Support for Texting-While-Driving Ban in Texas
Link to story on KUHF Radio:
7) Indian Road Ministry Mulls CCTVs, GPS in Public Transport to Improve Safety for Women
Link to Press Trust of India article:
8) A Multimedia Project Designed to Humanize Public Bus Drivers in Richmond, Virginia
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
9) GM Bets on Developers of All Ages, Including Teens
Link to article on Minyanville:
10) Evaluating Collision Avoidance Systems
Link to video on CNBC's Power Lunch:
3) Coalition for Healthful Airports Established for 'Best Practices' for Health and Wellness in Airports
6) OmniAir Certification Services Issues Interoperability Certification Award to GeoToll and Star Systems
8) Transportation Professionals from 19 Countries Share Best Practices at International Bridge, Tunnel & Turnpike Association's Annual Meeting in Vancouver
I'm sure these are actors but this drunk driving PSA is effective in its own unusual way.
Airport Consultants Council Annual Conference & Exposition – November 11-13 – Tucson, Arizona
Today in Transportation History
1903 **110th anniversary** The Fast Mail derailed near Danville, Virginia killing 11 people. The incident became known as the wreck of Old 97.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net