Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, September 5, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA’s 81st Annual Meeting & Exhibition – September 22-25, 2013
There are only three weeks left until the opening of the in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Don’t miss this opportunity to interact with the most influential toll industry experts and decision makers from around the globe. Arrive a day early for a fundraising golf event to support the IBTTA Foundation. The Tournament will take place at Furry Creek Golf and Country Club. IBTTA’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition will be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Featured speakers include , Google’s Head of Media Outreach and a special presentation from , Senior Hurricane Specialist with The Weather Channel. For more information on registration, hotel reservations, exhibiting or sponsorship, visit .
Link to article from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association:
2) Boingo Turns Chicago's O'Hare Airport Into the World's Biggest Hotspot 2.0 Testbed
Link to article on GigaOM:
3) Why Airports Are Tracking Your Smartphone Use While You Wait for Flights
Link to article on Skift:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) GPS-Enabled Bike Offers Free Tune-Ups to Cyclists
Link to article on PSFK:
5) Vermont I-91 Bridge Project Includes Cameras
Link to article in the Brattleboro Reformer:
6) Microsoft's Nokia Acquisition Puts Map Data in the Spotlight
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
GPS / NAVIGATION
7) South Korea to Develop Satellite-Based Navigation System
Link to Yonhap article:
8) Is 3D Imaging State DOTs' Best Friend?
Link to article from Spar Point Group:
9) Transport's Potential in Smart Cities
Link to text of speech by EC Vice President Siim Kallas:
10) TriMet Rolls Out New Ticket App for Riders
Link to story on KGW-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Livio Develops 'FM Traffic Button' to Provide Traffic Updates in New Vehicles
Link to article in Radio World:
12) Autotalks to Launch Computer Chip Designed to Dramatically Reduce Car Accidents
Link to article in Jewish Business News:
13) Audi Tech Automatically Finds a Vacant Parking Spot, Sans Driver
Link to article in Computerworld:
14) Ford Sync to Offer New Apps
Link to article on Fleet Directory:
15) How Cloud Accelerates Development and Delivery of In-Car Software
Link to article on ZDNet:
ITS Connecticut Annual Meeting – September 23 – Wethersfield, Connecticut
Today in Transportation History
1818 **195th anniversary** Australian explorer Edmund Kennedy was born in Guernsey.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net