Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 9, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
17th IRF World Meeting & Exhibition – November 10-14, 2013
There are only two months left until the opening of the 17th IRF World Meeting & Exhibition in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, November 10-14, 2013. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to interact with hundreds of influential road and transport industry experts and decision makers from around the globe while simultaneously accessing one of the largest and most dynamic regional infrastructure markets. The event’s comprehensive executive and technical session program encompasses eleven distinct themes of surface transportation and addresses current and future industry challenges and solutions. Register today to take advantage of Early Bird rates (expires on September 16). To view the Program and for more information on registration, obtaining a visa, hotel reservations, exhibiting or sponsorship, visit www.irf2013.org.
1) Airport Mobile Options Dominated by Verizon and AT&T
Link to story on CNBC:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/Sm3DqR
2) Technology Can Speed Passenger Processing at Airports
Link to article in the Las Vegas Review-Journal:
3) After an Airline Mishap, Painting Over Your Logo Isn't Terribly Effective
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
4) Michigan Bill Regulates Use of Devices to Photograph License Plates
Link to AP article:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Engaging the Public in Critical Disaster Planning and Decision Making: Workshop Summary
Link to summary from the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Looking for Innovation on Disaster Communication
Link to article in FCW:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Study: Twitter Can Help Solve Transport Problems
Link to ANI article:
8) Officials in Cebu, Philippines Eye Using Mascots to Man Traffic
Link to article in the Sun.Star Cebu:
9) Bill Shuster: Driverless Cars Are 'the Future of Transportation'
Link to article in Politico:
10) Nissan-Beijing Traffic System to Help Ease World's Worst Commute
Link to Bloomberg article:
11) Lawsuit Seeks Hawaii Driver's License Exam in Other Languages
Link to story on KHON-TV:
12) Nissan Presents Smartwatch Concept
Link to article on Engadget:
13) Volkswagen Launches Car-Net as a Weak Link to the Web
Link to article on ReadWriteDrive:
14) Study Compares Infotainment Operating System of Germany Premium Car Manufacturers
Link to article in automotiveIT:
Link to article in carIT: http://goo.gl/c4ek1V (in German)
15) Your Car: The Next Frontier for Personal IT
Link to article on ITworld:
Webinar: Discoveries in DC and Delft: Reflections on the Future of Transportation Research and Education – September 18
Today in Transportation History
1943 **70th anniversary** Allied troops landed on mainland Italy during World War II.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net