Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 28, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
It's a Wrap. November TCN Fundraiser Comes to an End.
Let me start by thanking all of you who have contributed. Your donations are very much appreciated! Since this is the last TCN of November, this will be my last fundraising note until May 2015. If you'd like to make a donation to support the work of the TCN, please see the information below on how to contribute. Of course, if you wish to make a donation at any time you may do so.
1) Worldwide Airport Raids Tackle Cyberthieves Over Ticket Fraud
Link to BBC News story:
Link to news release
2) Europe Satisfied with Drone Privacy Safeguards
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) Indian Minister of State for Urban Development Asks State Governments to Adopt ITS
Link to Press Trust of India article:
4) Government Data Sharpens Focus on Crude Oil Train Routes
Link to article on ProPublica:
5) Florida DOT Relocates Trees Because They Block Billboard
Link to article in The Miami Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Interactive Map Drives Home Highway Safety in Northern Alberta
Link to article in Fort McMurray Today:
Link to site
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
7) Under Pressure from Uber, Taxi Medallion Prices are Plummeting
Link to article in The New York Times:
8) How VMoney Can Help Solve Congestion in the Philippine Public Transport System
Link to article on Tech in Asia:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Montana DOT Launches Phone Application
Link to story on KECI / KCFW / KTVM-TV:
Link to further information
10) GM Appoints New Connected-Consumer Chief
Link to article in automotiveIT:
Link to news release
11) The Future of Head-Up Displays
Link to video on CNET:
2) European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency Joins International Association of Maritime Aids to Navigation and Light Authorities
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
It can be tough finding a parking space as you do your holiday shopping. Perhaps this new valet service can help out.
Webcast & In-Person Seminar: Improving Traffic Safety and Mobility Using DSRC-Based V2V Communication – December 4 – Minneapolis
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net