Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, August 17, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Eberle Design Inc. and Reno A&E to Present Access, Traffic and Detection Solutions at IMSA Conference & School
Eberle Design, Inc. (EDI) and Reno A&E (RAE) will feature traffic cabinet monitoring, vehicle detection and parking/access control solutions at the IMSA Annual Conference & School in New Orleans, August 22-25, 2015. The Data Aggregator (DA-100B™) Series Field Monitoring Device, Advanced Traffic Controller Cabinet (ATCC), Prefabricated Inductive Loops, Bicycle Detection & Differentiation System, and Malfunction Management Unit (MMU2) with OLED display will be displayed, along with other traffic cabinet peripherals. We invite you to visit us in booth 600/602 to learn more about these solutions, view product demonstrations, and enter to win the latest Apple® watch.
1) FAA: Software Update May Be Responsible for Malfunction
Link to AP article:
2) Frontier Latest Airline to Do Away with Toll-Free Customer Service Number
Link to article in USA Today:
3) Interview: JFK Terminal 4’s CEO on Making Flying Into New York Better
Link to article on Skift:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) New GPS App Gives Directions in a Child’s Voice Near Schools
Link to article on Tech Times:
5) Singapore Ports, IBM to Collaborate on Research to Improve Maritime Operations
Link to article on IHS Maritime 360:
6) Bulgarian Transport Minister: Vessel Traffic Management Center to Opened for Danube in a Month
Link to article from the Focus News Agency:
7) Wi-Fi, GPS Now On Many Miami-Dade County School Buses
Link to story on WFOR-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) New York State Officials Announce New Emergency Management System
Link to story on Time Warner Cable News:
Link to news release
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
9) Upgraded Traffic Center Opens in Hubballi, India
Link to article in The Hindu:
10) Integrated Traffic Management Center for Delhi Remains on Paper Seven Years After It Was Proposed
Link to article in The Times of India:
11) Documents Confirm Apple Building Self-Driving Car
Link to article in The Guardian:
12) GM Starts Harvesting Tech from Startups
Link to article in Automotive News:
13) Are Driverless Cars Safer Cars?
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
6) Iowa DOT Joins Waze Connected Citizens Program to Give Motorist Access to More Real-Time Traveler Information
ITS Georgia Annual Meeting – September 27-29 – Jekyll Island, Georgia
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net