Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 27, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Slow down! HERE introduces Traffic Safety Warning Alerts
HERE introduces traffic jam alerts to inform drivers when they are approaching a tail end of a jam. By receiving these timely alerts, drivers can begin to reduce their speed and avoid an accident. The warnings could manifest in several ways, such as a warning light on the dashboard or an audible alert so that the driver can react in time. They can also be used by transportation agencies to monitor jams and alert travelers. Semi-autonomous and future fully-autonomous vehicles can ingest this dynamic data to provide a safe and smooth ride.
To read more about this new feature, click here.
1) Japan Eyes Automated System to Direct Planes for Landing After Major Earthquakes
Link to Jiji Press article:
2) AT&T Says Injecting Ads Into Airport Wi-Fi Was a Test That Is Now Over
Link to article on Re/code:
3) Post-Mortem on Flight MH370 Crowdsource Search
Link to article in GPS World:
4) How Big Data is Transforming Airports
Link to article on MIKE2.0:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
5) New My City Bikes Palm Beach County App Targets Beginner Bikes
Link to article in The Palm Beach Post:
Link to more information on My City Bikes
6) Xerox Sues Cleveland, Claiming Unpaid Fees on Camera Contract
Link to article in The Plain Dealer:
7) Connecticut Governor: State DOT Worker Wrong to Use Fake ID on News Website
Link to AP article:
8) 15+ Tech Startups Tackling Transport Concerns of Commuters in Indian Cities
Link to article on YourStory:
9) What's Driving Innovation in the Transportation Industry?
Link to blog in Xerox's Innovator's Brief for the Transportation Industry:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) Construction Coalition Launches Radio Ads Targeting House Members on Transportation Bill
Link to article in Better Roads:
11) Mommy Blogger Raps About Bus Safety in 'Bus Don't Move' Parody Video
Link to story on ABC's Good Morning America:
12) Urgent Changes Recommended for New Zealand Rail Crossings
Link to article in The New Zealand Herald:
Link to recommendations from New Zealand Transport Accident Investigation Commission
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) Senators Urge NHTSA to Speed Early Warning Reforms
Link to article in The Detroit News:
Link to news release
14) How Secure is Smart Infrastructure?
Link to article in Government Technology:
15) It's Go for Automated Stop Calls on BC Transit Buses
Link to article in the Times Colonist:
Link to news release
16) Trucking's Technology Revolution Already Begun, Futurists Say at Commercial Vehicle Outlook Panel
Link to article in the Commercial Carrier Journal:
APTA Annual Meeting – October 4-7 – San Francisco
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net