Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 2, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Don’t miss the GEWI Work Zone Issue. Subscribe Today for Free
Six times yearly GEWI’s newsletter addresses topics of interest to ITS professionals including news about TIC product features and customer projects worldwide. Recent topics include Road Incident Management, Data Collection and Harmonization, Real-time Information for Navigation, Traffic Flow, Connected Vehicles, and TPEG.
GEWI’s next newsletter, the Work Zone Issue, will be published on Dec. 9th, 2015. Read how to reduce traffic impact, create safer work zones, improve planning, inform drivers, and share traffic controls and conditions.
TIC for Work Zones can also be used to check navigable diversion routes to identify potential detour conflicts and other restrictions. Information from traffic cameras, speed data, smart cones, portable devices and more is harmonized and shared to VMS, navigation, or other systems.
Subscribe to future newsletters by clicking here or see previous GEWI newsletters by clicking here. Find more information on GEWI by visiting www.gewi.com.
1) Airline Executives Urge Privatization of Air-Traffic Control
Link to USA Today article
2) Iowa Switches to Biennial Road Map
Link to Gazette article
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Troubled GPS Ground Station Program Could Face Recompete
Link to Defense News article
4) Russia, Iran to Cooperate on Transport and Aerospace Engineering
Link to AzerNews article
5) AT&T Launches Data Service for Outdoor Advertisers
Link to Advertising Age article
6) Provision to Make Railroad Bridge Inspection Reports Public Headed to White House
Link to WITI-TV story
7) Variable Speed Limits Coming to Three British Columbia Highways
Link to BC Local News article
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
8) Uber Wants to Integrate with All Your Apps
Link to The Verge article
9) Open Payments Can Bring a Dose of Innovation to Transit
Link to Payments Source commentary
10) Here's What Google's Self-Driving Cars Have Been Up to in November
Link to CNET article
11) Quantified Traveler: Travel Feedback Meets the Cloud to Change Behavior
Link to Access article
12) Driverless Cars and Connected Infrastructure: The Future? HNTB's Jim Barbaresso at TEDxJacksonville
Link to video
4) USDOT Explores Consensus-Based Initiative to Make Flying Easier for Individuals with Disabilities
- Nominees Sought – Progressive Railroading's Rising Stars
Webinar: Demo of FCC's New Website and Electronic Comment Filing System – December 3
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net