Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 30, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Seeks Comments on Updated Weather Circulars
Link to AOPA article
2) University of Buffalo Undergrads Building Boat Tech That Can 'See an Obstacle in the Water and Avoid It'
Link to Buffalo Business First article
3) Driverless Buses Could Be Part of UK 'Tech Nation'
Link to ITV story
4) Road Question? Texas Highwayman Knows the Answer
Link to San Antonio Express-News article
5) Amazon as Chief Disruptor of 2016
Link to Strategy Analytics blog
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
6) Uber, Lyft Competitor Sidecar Shuts Down to 'Work on Strategic Alternatives'
Link to Ars Technica article
7) Ban on Political Ads Lifted on Philippines Public Transport
Link to Manila Times article
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Revealed: Shocking Cost of A590 Road Information Sign in England
Link to North-West Evening Mail article
9) Before Cars Become Self-Driving, They'll Be Software-Driven
Link to Network World article
10) Why Detroit is Moving to Silicon Valley
Link to Computerworld article
2) 1,500 First Responders Sign Up for CN AskRail Mobile App to Access Real-Time Rail Car Information
- Request for Proposal – Developing Innovative Strategies for Aviation Education and Participation – Transportation Research Board
Smarter Travel Live – March 17-18 – Milton Keynes, UK
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016