Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, June 13, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Soon for Next Week’s Webinar on Technical Advances in Type 33x Signal Monitors Using FYA
Please join Eberle Design Inc. on Tuesday, June 21st at 8 a.m. PDT for a 45-minute webinar, "Technical Advances in Type 33x Signal Monitors Using Flashing Yellow Arrow." Presented by Eberle Design Inc. CTO Scott Evans, this webinar will show traffic signal engineers, technicians and supervisors the setup and operation of a 2010/2018 type monitor in a 332 cabinet with FYA. There is no charge for this webinar, but attendance is limited. To register, go to http://bit.ly/24bgHqx.
1) High Rate of Repeat Offenders Raise Questions About Maryland Traffic Camera Program
Link to Wall Street Journal article
2) Massachusetts Bill Would Allow Parking Enforcement with Cameras
Link to Wicked Local Walpole article
3) GPS Developer Working Towards Mapping Pacific Islands
Link to Radio New Zealand story
Link to additional information on Skyeye
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Defense Researchers Plan to Bring 'GPS' Where It's Never Gone Before: Under the Sea
Link to Fast Company article
5) 12 State DOT Directors Call for New Era of Cooperation as ITS America 2016 Begins
Link to Traffic Technology Today article
6) Keeping a Navy's Data in Shipshape Condition
Link to ZDNet article
7) Academics Search for Psychological Solution to Traffic Congestion
Link to Herald article
8) Articles from Nordic
9) Metro Transit Bus Driver's Tattoo is a Moving Conversation Piece
Link to Star Tribune blog
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) FAA Tries 'Driving a Stake' Through Reporter's Heart
Link to Al Jazeera blog
4) Transport Infrastructure Ireland and An Garda Síochána Announce Average Speed Cameras Installation in the Dublin Tunnel
Bernie's Notes: The TCN is Old Enough to Vote!
Today is the 18th anniversary of the Transportation Communications Newsletter. Thank you for your support over the years!
Webinar: Managing Congestion in the National Park Service – June 16
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016