Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, June 20, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
Eberle Design Inc.’s iCITE™ Data Aggregator DA-300™ Offers Real-Time Traffic & Arterial Data with Cabinet Monitoring
The DA-Data Aggregator® Model DA-300™ provides cost effective remote access to real-time performance measures and traffic data from any isolated or networked intersection or arterial roadway. It easily interfaces with any make or model of traffic cabinet or controller (NEMA, ATCC, or Type 33X), to provide real-time traffic counts and parsed data. It offers Wi-Fi-based roadway network travel time and monitors and reports on mission critical traffic cabinet or intersection faults via SMS or email. The DA-Data Aggregator® Model DA-300™ is also designed to endure temperature extremes and is well suited for solar powered applications. To receive more information, visit or kindly contact Jon Muilenberg, EDI Sales Director, at .
1) Improperly Mounted E-ZPasses to Be Penalized with Higher Tolls in Rhode Island
Link to WPRI-TV story
Link to news release
2) What Impacts Will E-Shopping and Telecommuting Have on Our Transportation Future?
Link to Catalyst article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) How to Make an Effective Motorcoach Marketing Program
Link to Metro Magazine blog
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
4) Research Helps Field Engineers Manage Traffic at Work Zones
Link to Catalyst article
5) Transport for London in Talks to Deliver Mobile Phone Coverage to Underground
Link to Telegraph article
6) Sound Transit: Light Rail and Heavy Marketing
Link to KUOW Radio story
7) IndyGo Volunteers Spread Word About Transit Changes
Link to Indianapolis Business Journal article
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Kansas City City Council Told $700,000 Streetcar Traffic System is Saving Drivers Time
Link to KCUR Radio story
9) Uttar Pradesh Traffic Police to Launch Mobile App to Synchronize Traffic Management
Link to Times of India article
10) Toyota to Build Artificial Intelligence-Base Driving Systems in Five Years
Link to Reuters article
11) GM's Talking Cadillac on Collision Course with Silicon Valley
Link to Bloomberg story
12) New Connected Vehicle Data Environments Now Available in the Research Data Exchange
Link to further information from USDOT ITS Joint Program Office
4) Metro-North Track Worker Safety Program Receives Top Honor from American Public Transportation Association
NTSB Forum and Webcast: Pilot Weather Reporting – June 21-22 – Washington, DC
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016