Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
North Carolina selects HERE to manage traffic congestion
The North Carolina Department of Transportation recently selected HERE, the location cloud company, as the provider of probe-based, Real-Time Traffic services to enhance driver safety and improve traffic congestion, making North Carolina the eighth state along the eastern seaboard to utilize HERE Real-Time Traffic. With real-time traffic data from HERE, NCDOT will be able to communicate up-to-the-minute information about current traffic conditions and travel times on dynamic signs on the roadways. HERE Real-Time Traffic services combine location technology and big data analytics to create a powerful new traffic management tool for transportation departments around the country. HERE is also working with transportation agencies to deploy connected vehicle technologies and close the loop between vehicles and infrastructure.
To read more about this project, click .
1) Iris Automation Bringing Eyes, and Situational Awareness, to Drones
Link to TechCruch article
2) Smart Airports Will Become the Hub of Brand Experience
Link to Huffington Post blog
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Updated Crosswalks Cause Confusion in Santa Maria, California
Link to KSBY-TV story
4) Tour de France Will Use High-Tech Scanning System to Find Hidden Motors
Link to CNET article
5) Your Car's Photo is Now Being Taken as You Drive Under New Massachusetts Turnpike Toll Gantries
Link to MassLive article
6) Google Sharpens Maps, Earth with Petabyte of Crisp NASA Satellite Imagery
Link to ZDNet article
7) Tech Startup Tests Cellphone Transponder on Central Florida Toll Roads
Link to Orlando Sentinel article
Link to PayTollo
8) New FHWA Website: The Freight Economy
Link to site
9) Shared Mobility Conversation with Susan Shaheen
Link to ITE Talks Transportation podcast
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) New Mexico DOT Launches Anti-DWI TV Ads
Link to KOAT-TV story
11) Transportation Agencies Take Note: Facebook Matters in a Crisis
Link to Talking Transportation blog
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) US Considering Asking Foreign Visitors to Hand Over Their Social Media Information
Link to Quartz article
13) In Google's Future, Drivers May Exchange Their Data for Infotainment and Other Features
Link to Car and Driver blog
14) Newspaper: Sidewalk Labs Aims to Fix Public Transit in US by Shifting Control to Google
Link to Guardian article
15) Seattle Metro Commuters Get Chance to Share Stories at Party on Wheels
Link to Seattle Times article
Link to KBCS Radio's What's the Flux?
1) Kapsch TrafficCom Secures Contract for Next Generation Integrated Transportation Management System in Massachusetts
- Nominees Sought – Members of Transit Advisory Committee for Safety (TRACS) – Federal Transit Administration
Webinar: AASHTO STSMO/SCOHT/TRB RTSMO Annual Meeting Preview – July 8
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016