Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - Cranford, New Jersey
CAVita Career opportunity!
Interested in a career that allows you to make a positive difference for the driving public? CAVita, an Econolite Group Company, is growing and looking for a Manager of Connected and Automated Vehicle Strategies to join its team of transportation innovators.
CAVita is a consulting firm that provides world-class advisory services focused on reducing vehicle accidents and minimizing fatalities on our roadways through the implementation of Connected and Automated Vehicle technologies and business models.
Will consider candidates in or near Anaheim, CA or Washington, D.C.
Learn more and apply today using the following link!
1) Electronics Restricted on US Flights from Certain Middle Eastern, African Airports
2) UK Follows US in Banning Some Electronic Devices on Certain Flights
UK Government statement
3) Digital Innovation and the Passenger Experience - A View from Three Airports
4) Cleveland Airport to Launch TSA Wait-Time Monitoring System
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport news release
5) San Francisco International Installs Wayfinding Towers
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
6) Transportation: How AI Could Transform a North American City by 2030
7) Seattle in Search of Smart City Czar to Drive Collaboration, Consistency in Deployments
8) Managing the Risks of a Software-Enabled Future in Maritime
9) Feds Say No, But New York State Replacing Wind-Swept Signs
10) Fort Worth Turning to More Electronic Speed Signs to Slow Down Motorists
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Wisconsin Seeks to Support, Improve Emergency Communications Network
12) Newark Liberty’s Terminal C First in US to Exclusively Feature Automated Screening Lanes
United Airlines news release
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
13) Quebec Transport Minister Didn’t Know of Traffic Jam, So Can’t be Blamed Premier Says
Transport Quebec chronology of events (in French)
14) 2017 Solar Eclipse Transportation Fact Sheet for State and Local Departments of Transportation
15) Bus and Streetcar Safety Plan is Saving Lives, Toronto Transit Commission Says
16) Denver’s New Transit Mascot is a Total Jerk
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
17) Engineers Put Final Touches on Traffic Plans for 2017 Masters
18) Senator Peters: Michigan Could be Leader in Autonomous Vehicles
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
© 2017 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016