Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - Cranford, New Jersey
1) Harris to Devise Air Traffic Control System for Drones
Harris news release
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Crosses on Pedestrian Bridge Raising Concerns on Villanova’s Campus
3) University of Maryland Project Looks to Crowdsource an Accessibility Map of DC’s Sidewalks
4) Could a Subtle Tweak to Metro’s Map Fix Overcrowding on the Blue Line?
5) Omnitracs Plans Role in Industry Move Toward Self-Driving Trucks, Drones, Wearable Tech
6) Five Takeaways from Federally-Administered Next-Gen Transportation Programs for Modernizing Infrastructure
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
7) Computer Vision, Inside-Out Perception
8) Communication and Coordination Among Port Stakeholders Called Key for Ultra Large Container Vessels in Port of New York and New Jersey
9) Elaine Chao Hints at Tech’s Role in Trump’s Transportation Plans
10) News Coverage of Pedestrian Deaths Reflects a Blame-the-Victim Bias
11) How to Make Railroad Crossings Safer and Smarter
12) New York Governor Defends ‘I Love NY’ Signs
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
13) What Took So Long to Clear Seattle Tanker Crash?
14) Seattle Promised a Manual for Traffic Meltdowns After Fish-Truck Crash, But It Doesn’t Exist
15) How Open-Source Platforms Helped Two Transit Agencies Manage Real-Time Info
16) Singapore Bus Stop Features Books, Interactive Digital Boards
17) Chicago’s Route to a Cardless Transit Payment System
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
18) Florida DOT Spokesman Talks About 511 App and Other Traveler Information Resources
19) Making the Rules of the Road for Driverless Cars in Nebraska
20) With Autonomous Cars, How Safe is Safe Enough?
21) Driverless Car System Looks to Master Road Construction Sites
22) BMW on the Future of Personalized, Connected Mobility
I’d like to welcome Everett August Luedecker, my newest grandson, born Tuesday, February 28 at 10:36 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 ozs. Everyone is doing great!
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
© 2017 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016