Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 1, 2018 - Cranford, New Jersey
GEWI’s TIC Software Powers In-Vehicle Work Zone Alerts at ITS America
Visitors to ITS America in Detroit from June 4-7th can take a demonstration drive to view a new In-Vehicle Smart Work Zone alert designed to improve safety in work zones. The demonstration includes technology from GEWI, HERE Technologies and iCone which will alert driver to real-time work zone conditions, closures and advice related to approaching road work.
iCone will place their devices on work zone equipment which transmits real-time information collected by GEWI’s TIC Software. TIC is also used in the HERE’s Live Traffic Operations Center where HERE systems deliver the work zone data to the in-vehicle navigation system as well as portable navigation devices (PND’s).
The ITS America demonstration is similar to a German Smart Work Zone project powered by GEWI which was launched in March of 2018. Those unable to attend ITS America can learn more about this project here. To schedule a demonstration at ITS America, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) New York’s Kennedy Airport to Use Unified Operations Center During Emergencies
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Denver Bike Map Features Alternative Cycling Routes Away from Traffic
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) UK Galileo Firms Threaten to Walk Away from EU GPS Satellite After Political Bullying
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
4) Smart Transport Gathers Speed in Asia
5) Metropolitan Manila Development Authority to Adopt ITS
6) EU Project Targets Close-Proximity Autonomous Navigation
7) Why So Many Colorado Cannabis Companies Adopt Highway Litter Patrols
8) ACLU Loses Court Battle Over Transit Ads in DC Metro Touting Conference
9) Google’s In-House Incubator Made a Waze-Like App for the New York City Subway
10) Metro McAllen Launches Mobile App
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2018 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016