Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - Cranford, New Jersey
CVTA’s 9th Summit on the Future of the Connected Vehicle – October 3-4!
On October 3-4, 2018, the Connected Vehicle Trade Association, with Event Sponsor the Michigan Department of Transportation will present the 9th Summit on the Future of the Connected Vehicle at the Hyatt Place adjacent to the Suburban Collection Showcase in Novi, Michigan. This event is streamlined to provide an 18 - 24 month trajectory glimpse of the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle. Our Keynote presentation will be by Kirk Steudle of MDOT. Panel Discussions will include: a Tier 1 panel, a Cybersecurity panel, a Smart Communities panel, a Testing and Certification panel and a Finance panel with VC, Incubator, 2nd and 3rd stage investors. We will present industry thought leaders from Communications, Hardware, Software, Services and Insurance Telematics. From market overviews and federal policy to big data and business models, you’ll hear the latest from the most highly regarded experts in the field. Specific topics will include: Markets, business models, apps and content, mobile integration, user interfaces, security issues, regulation, liability, IP and policy, data and analytics. We have limited our event capacity to 300 attendees to ensure an exceptional networking experience. For more information visit http://www.connectedvehicle.org/events/. Space is limited, registration is first come, first served.
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Summit, New Jersey Changing Street Designs for Safer Texting and Walking
2) Ford Develops Smart Jacket to Improve Cyclist Safety
3) Biking Gets Easier (and More Fun) with Techies’ Hacks
4) A Major Google Maps Redesign is Rolling Out to Everyone Right Now
5) Study: Connectivity Boosts Seafarers’ Wellbeing
6) Human Element is Part of Maritime Cyber Problem
7) For Disabled Travelers, Technology Helps Smooth the Way. But Not All of It.
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Heathrow Airport Expansion Decision: For Aviation Communicators, the Hard Work is Just Beginning
9) New Pedestrian Safety Billboard Campaign Pops Up in Grand Rapids, Michigan
10) Using Onboard Telematics Units to Identify Wheel Flats
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Smart Road Network Gets Security Upgrade with New Canadian Government Funding
12) Road Safety with Dr. David Harkey, President of Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
13) Transforming Secure Communication Platforms
14) Grand Forks, North Dakota Looks to New Buses, New Tech to Attract New Riders
1) Metro-North Railroad Partners with Penguin Random House to Bring Free, Online Literature to Commuters
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2018 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016