Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, February 4, 2019 - Cranford, New Jersey
Take the TCN Along as You Drive
Well not exactly, but if you have Waze on your smartphone you can download the my voice to be your guide as you navigate. All you need to do is click on the link below from a phone which has the Waze app installed. Select ‘Bernie’ as your voice and before you know it I’ll be riding shotgun. The recordings work for both miles and kilometers so wherever you are it should be user friendly. Thanks for the ride! Let me know where in the world you’re using my voice.
1) Behind the Lion Air Crash, a Trail of Decisions Kept Pilots in the Dark
2) How Long is the Airport Security Wait? We Test the Apps That Tell Us the Time
3) Could AI-Powered Traffic Cameras Finally Stop Distracted Driving?
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Microsoft and TomTom Working on Location-Based Apps in the Cloud
5) Portugal Launches Huge Maritime Smart Tech Plan
6) Data Opportunities Abound in Complex New-Mobility Environment
7) More to Come with St. Augustine, Florida’s Parking App, City Official Says
8) Washington State Supreme Court Rules BNSF Doesn’t Have to Release Video of Train Hitting Pedestrian to Medical Examiner
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) From Fire Sprinklers to Surveillance Cameras, Seattle’s New Highway 99 Tunnel is Loaded with Safety Features
10) Virginia Researchers Say New Car Technology Cutting Down on Crashes
11) Fight Against Distracted Driving in Minnesota Focuses on Cellphone Use
12) Eliminating Distractions, Fully Implementing PTC on NTSB’s 2019-2020 Most Wanted List of Transportation Safety Improvements
13) Major UK Public Transport Provider Partners with Crypto Startup for Loyalty Program
14) Measure Creating Task Force to Study Autonomous Vehicles Clears Full New Jersey Assembly
1) Real-Time Tracking of Security and Taxi Wait Times Now Available on Web for JFK, LaGuardia, Newark, Stewart Airports
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2019 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016