Friday, March 2, 2007
Friday, March 2, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 2, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) The 411 on Michigan’s 511 Traffic Alerts
Link to column in The Detroit News:
2) Traffic Cameras in Birmingham, UK to be Used to Fight Crime
Link to story in The Birmingham Post:
3) Public Safety Bids Spur Spectrum Spat
Link to story on CNET News:
4) Commercial Traffic Across US-Mexican Border Moves Quicker with New Technology
Link to story on KFOX-TV:
5) New Technology to Reduce Traffic Accidents
Idaho Transportation Department demonstrates vehicle-intersection communication system.
Link to story and video report on KTRV-TV:
6) Cyprus Must Improve Air Traffic Controls, Says EuroControl
Link to story in the Financial Mirror:
7) Using Solar Power, Man Says He’s Made a Better Traffic Light
Link to story in The Dundalk Eagle:
8) Transit Customers Making the Move to Smart Cards
Link to story in Metro:
9) JetBlue’s Crisis Communications Planning - What You Didn’t Read About in Most Media Coverage
Link to interview in Crisis Manager:
10) News from ERTICO
- GST Gets Hands-On at Final Validation Workshop
- New Report from EuroRAP Reveals High-Risk Routes Across Europehttp://www.ertico.com/en/news_and_events/ertico_newsroom/new_report_from_eurorap_reveals_high-risk_routes_across_europe.htm
Vehicle Safety Summit Europe 2007 – May 14-15 – London
I’m not sure how effective this is in deterring car thieves, but it sure looks like it would be effective.
Today in Transportation History
1949 – The first streetlights to automatically light in the dark, were installed in New Milford, Connecticut.
1907 **100th anniversary** - Philadelphia’s Market Street Subway-Elevated line opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast