Thursday, March 29, 2007
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 29, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Experience the “VII Technology Showcase” at ITS America's 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition
ITS America will present a VII Technology Showcase at its 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition, June 4-6, 2007. A number of ITS America members have signed up to display vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication systems and related applications. The showcase will be staged in a parking lot outside the Palm Springs Convention Center – just a few steps from the exhibit hall to approximately 100,000 square feet of outdoor VII demonstrations! This is the only time in 2007 that you’ll have the unique opportunity to experience the best of both worlds - the convenience and breadth of our Annual Meeting exhibition hall and the hands-on excitement of the VII demonstrations! For the latest information on the VII Technology Showcase and its partners, visit www.itsa.org/amviishowcase.html.
1) Chrysler, Sirius to Offer Satellite TV in Some Vehicles
Link to AP story:
Link to news release from Chrysler:
2) Plan Under Way to Keep Iowa DOT Cams Along Freeways
Link to story and video report on KCCI-TV:
3) Company Pushing Federal Aviation Administration to Certify “Other Aircraft” Function
Link to story in ATW Daily News:
4) Junk Mail Loophole has Ohio Drivers Fuming
Link to story in The Plain Dealer:
5) Traffic Reports: Is Information Being Given Accurate?
Link to column in The Washington Examiner:
6) Where's the Bus? NextMuni Can Tell You
System uses GPS to let riders know when streetcar will arrive.
Link to story in the San Francisco Chronicle:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/29/BAGOGOTPT01.DTL
Link to NextMuni: http://www.nextmuni.com/
7) Equipment Problems Delay Plan for Cameras on New York City Buses
Tests of the digital camera system have turned up gaps in the recorded images.
Link to story in The New York Times:
1) New Long-Range RFID Technology from VTT for Chinese Road Tolls
2) Strategy Analytics Forecasts 63 Million Unit Market for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) by 2013
Space Weather Enterprise Forum – April 4-5 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1967 **40th anniversary** - Bombing of the oil tanker Torrey Canyon fails to sink ship which ran aground off the western coast of Cornwall.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast