Thursday, March 8, 2007
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 8, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Early Bird Registration Rates Ends in One Week for ITS America’s 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition
Don't delay any longer! Make sure you register no later than March 15 for ITS America’s 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition and take advantage of our early-bird registration rates. Full registration packages include access to the VII Technology Showcase, U.S. DOT Executive Session, professional development hours, forum showcases, meet-the-author poster sessions, nationally-recognized speakers, exhibit hall, industry awards and networking events. Register online at
https://www.one-stop-registration.com/itsa. For all the latest information on ITS America’s 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition in Palm Springs, June 4-6, visit http://www.itsa.org/annualmeeting.html.
1) Georgia Bill Would Divert Traffic Camera Revenue to Trauma Care
Link to story in The Telegraph:
2) Traffic is Down in London’s New Congestion Charge Zone
Link to BBC News story:
3) Airlines Told Must Pay for EU-US Air Data Scheme
Link to Reuters story:
4) Arizona Senate Acts to Block New License Plate Database
Measure would require police to delete information from license plate scanners within 24-hours.
Link to Capitol Media Services story:
5) Technology Keeps Close Watch on Traffic Data
Nebraska Department of Roads tests roadway sensors to see which work best.
Link to story in the La Vista Sun:
6) Why We Need eLoran
Link to commentary in GPS World:
7) March Issue of Florida DOT’s SunGuide Disseminator Online
Link to newsletter:
1) Report Finds States Leading the Charge for Improved Public Safety Communications
Link to report:
2) Magellan Offers First Portable GPS with Voice Command; Only Personal Navigation Line With AAA Travel Information and Roadside Assistance Details
18th Biennial Transportation Research Board Visibility Symposium – April 17-18 – College Station, Texas
Today in Transportation History
1972 – A bomb exploded on a TWA jet while it was parked at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast