Friday, August 15, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 15, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Air Traffic Control Upgrade Could Pave Way for Auctions
Port Authority of NY and NJ says it will soften its opposition to auctions in return for improved air traffic control technology.
Link to story in The New York Sun:
2) Minneapolis Airport Volunteers Gear Up to Direct Republican National Convention Visitors
Link to story in the Pioneer Press:
3) Your Guide to Free Airport Wi-Fi
Link to story in Popular Mechanics:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) GPS Makers Improve Gas Price Information
Link to story on KTAR Radio:
5) French Company Kapsys Debuts Screenless GPS
Link to story in U.S. News & World Report:
6) Theft of Buoy Bells Off Maine Place Mariners in Danger
Link to story in the Portsmouth Herald:
7) Port of Tacoma Investigating How Accident Tape Got on YouTube
Link to story in The News-Tribune:
8) San Bernardino Partnership Helps Train Dispatchers for BNSF Railway
Link to story in The Press-Enterprise:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) New Border Technology Causing Lines at US-Mexican Border Crossings
Link to story and video report on KVEO-TV:
10) Chipmaker Licenses Portfolio of Security Patents to Protect Smart Cards
Link to story in Government Computer News:
11) Opencard Transit System Launches in Prague
All-in-one card includes metro, library, parking access.
Link to story in The Prague Post:
12) Testing of Denver Light Rail Announcement System Delayed
Link to story in The Denver Post:
13) What Will the Future Bring for Consumers, Auto Industry?
Link to story in Auto Remarketing:
Link to news release from IBM:
1) View Current Traffic Conditions on Your BlackBerry – ‘Traffic Vizzion’ service now available on BlackBerry
- ITS Operations Manager - Telvent Farradyne - New York, New Yorkhttp://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKGV&ff=21&APath=188.8.131.52.0&job_did=J8F3H86YPFRCX72CQC2
- ITS Project Manager - Telvent Farradyne - New York, New Yorkhttp://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKGV&ff=21&APath=184.108.40.206.0&job_did=J8E7BL6FCQQZTNN5PZF - ITS Systems Engineer - Telvent Farradyne - New York, New Yorkhttp://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKGV&ff=21&APath=220.127.116.11.0&job_did=J8D2ZT6LPGMP172H9TS - ITS Junior Engineer - Telvent Farradyne - New York, New Yorkhttp://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKGV&ff=21&APath=18.104.22.168.0&job_did=J8F0HG6KTK4D2WL7626 - IT Systems Engineer in ITS Transportation Environment - Telvent Farradyne - West Palm Beach, Florida http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKGCV&ff=21&APath=22.214.171.124.0&job_did=J8B6PT69HSTGYXKG8J9
i-Travel Workshop – November 13 – Brussels
This is one of the more interesting signage examples I’ve seen.
Today in Transportation History
1908 **100th anniversary** - The first US Navy post offices were established on Navy vessels.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast