Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 24, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) EU Ombudsman Urges Air Passenger Language Provision
Link to story on EurActiv:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Nissan Car Monitors GPS for Road Dangers Ahead
Link to IDG News Service story:
SAFETY / SECURITY
3) US Transportation Security Administration Deploys New Screening Pilot Technology on Connecticut-Long Island Ferry
Link to UPI story:
4) Cash-Strapped States Raid 911 Funds
Link to AP story:
5) Circuit at DC Metro Crash Site Began Malfunctioning in Late ’07, NTSB Says
Link to story and video in The Washington Post:
6) DC Metro Response Undermines Rider Confidence
Agency is focused on engineering in response to crisis but vastly underestimating the amount of information they need to share with the public.
Link to column in The Washington Post:
7) Virtual Co-driver Means Safer Trucks
Link to story on Transport News Network:
- Transportation Specialist, GS-2101-13/14 EG – Federal Highway Administration – Washington, DC
GIS in Transit Conference – November 16-18 – St. Petersburg, Florida
Here’s the 21st Century version of Jonathan Swift’s A Modest Proposal.
Today in Transportation History
1969 **40th anniversary** - Apollo 11 splashes down in the Pacific Ocean.
=========================================================================TheTransportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast