Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, July 23, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
Join IBTTA in Chicago for the Transformation of Transportation!
IBTTA's 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, September 13-16, 2009, in Chicago, Illinois, is the most significant gathering of toll industry professionals in the world. Attend this meeting and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe and discuss ideas and solutions about transportation financing strategies, the future of tolling and paying for mobility, AET and Interoperability, new ideas for the new economy and sustainable transportation. Register by August 14 and receive a $100 discount off your registration fee. This meeting is hosted by the Illinois Tollway and will be held at the Hyatt Regency. For information on registration, hotel reservations, exhibiting or sponsorship, visit IBTTA's website at www.ibtta.org. Register today!
1) Bomb Testing Lab Strengthens Aviation Security
Link to CNN story:
2) Mobile Gadgets Threaten In-Flight Entertainment
Link to Reuters story:
3) Intelligent Transport Raises Privacy Concerns in EU
Link to story on EurActiv:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) US Department of Homeland Security Launches YouTube Channel
Link to story in Federal Computer Week:
Link to DHS YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ushomelandsecurity
5) Federal Railroad Administration Sets Hearing on Positive Train Control Rule
Link to story in Occupational Health & Safety:
6) Wireless Tech Signals a Way to Safer Roads in Colorado
Link to story in The Denver Post:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) US DOT Chief ‘Deeply Concerned’ About Dangers of Cell Phone Use While Driving
Link to story in Computerworld:
8) Australian Police Twitter to Target Drink Drivers
Link to AFP story:
9) Video Game Group Files Federal Lawsuit Against Chicago Transit Authority Over Ad Ban
Link to AP story:
Link to news release from the Entertainment Software Association:
10) Long Island Rail Road Campaign Aims to Stop ‘Suicide by Train’
Link to story in Newsday:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Radio Broadcast by Islamabad Police to Keep Traffic in Order
Link to story in Dawn:
8th Chilean Congress and 3rd Ibero-American Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems – November 11-13 – Santiago, Chile
Today in Transportation History
1999 **10th anniversary** - The pilot of an All Nippon Airways flight was killed during a hijacking.
=========================================================================TheTransportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast