Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
Join ITS America and AAAE at the Intersection of Intelligent Transportation Systems and Aviation!
The 2nd Annual Use of Intelligent Transportation Systems in Airport Environments Conference, August 4-5, 2009, Salt Lake City, Utah will feature high-level industry personnel in the Intelligent Transport Systems industry who are currently providing solutions for airport landside management. The agenda will also include airport personnel sharing real world results, lessons learned, and success stories with using ITS products and services. Registration discounts are available to members of ITS America and AAAE. To view the final program and to register, visit http://www.itsa.org/itsairports.html.
1) Nearly 20% of New York City Red-Light Cameras Stolen
Link to story in the New York Post:
2) Costly Weather Satellites May Get More Funds
Link to story in USA Today:
3) Latest Issue of Signal, the Newsletter of ERTMS
Link to newsletter:
4) Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Archives Highway Plans Online
Link to story in Business First of Louisville:
Link to KYTC Projects Archive: http://kytcgis.ky.gov/projectarchive/viewer.htm
5) High-Tech Highway Funding
Link to commentary in The Boston Globe:
6) DC Metro Discovers Problems in Additional Track Circuits
Link to story in The Washington Post:
7) Practical Measures to Increase Transit Advertising Revenues
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) FHWA Office of Operations Current News Now Available Via RSS
Link to further information from the Federal Highway Administration:
- Program Opportunity Notice - Solicitation Seeks to Improve Transportation Corridor Efficiencies – NYSDOT, NYSERDA
ITS Pennsylvania Annual Meeting – August 27-28 – Pittsburgh
Today in Transportation History
1869 **140th anniversary** - John Augustus Roebling, designer of the Brooklyn Bridge and other suspension bridges, died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast