Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 19, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
The TCN and Social Media
Would you like a daily preview of what’s coming up in the TCN? Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/brwagenblast and I’ll give you a look at what’s coming up in that day’s edition. In addition, you can stay connected by becoming a fan of the TCN on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Transportation-Communications-Newsletter/25187272828. I also welcome personal connections on LinkedIn and Facebook.
1) FAA Defends Big Budget Hike for New Air Traffic Control System
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) NTSB Wants Better Communication After Northwest Airlines Incident
Link to Bloomberg article:
Link to news release from the NTSB:
3) Eurocontrol Launches Aircraft Identification Program
Link to article in Avionics:
4) Pilots Adjusting to Loran’s Demise
Link to article from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association:
5) Missouri Traffic Enforcement Cameras Raise Constitutional, Authority Issues
Link to article in the Missourian:
6) School Bus Cameras OK’d in New Orleans to Record Other Motorists’ Wrong Moves
Link to article in The Times-Picayune:
7) Could School Bus Ads Save School Budgets?
Link to AP article:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Metra Releases Video of Fatality Hoping It Will Serve as a Reminder of Dangers
Link to story and video on WMAQ-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) News from ERTICO-ITS Europe
- eCall Implementation Plan
- Marco Polo Funding Opportunities
10) US Department of Homeland Security’s Progress in Federal Incident Management Planning
Link to report from the DHS Inspector General:
11) Moon2.0: Opening Up Space Exploration
NASA’s using social media to promote space exploration.
Link to article on SmartBlog on Social Media:
12) Illinois RTA, Seeking Cash, Looks Into Ads on Its Web Site
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
13) When’s the Next Bus Due? There’s an App for that Too
Link to article on TechCrunch Europe:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Aha Radio App Streams News, Traffic, Facebook, and More
Link to review and video on CNET:
15) Roewe 350 Touted as the World’s First Android-Powered Automobile
Link to article on ZDNet:
1) Mikoh Secures Ten-Year Electronic Vehicle Registration System Contract with the Second Largest ASEAN Economy
2) Asian Pacific ITS Key Players and Policy Makers Meet at Regional Workshop on Intelligent Transport Systems
- Transportation Specialists – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Technology Division – Washington, DC
Air Transport Association e-Business Forum – May 17-19 – Seattle
Ants keep roads safe – it’s no bull.
Today in Transportation History
1945 **65th anniversary** The USS Franklin was struck by a Japanese dive-bomber. The explosions and resulting fires killed 724 crew members aboard the ship.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net