Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 25, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop – April 18-20, 2010 in Austin, TX
The toll industry is evolving at an astonishing rate. Driven by financial realities, political change, and technological innovations the industry is facing a wide range of challenges and opportunities and is being forced to respond to them at lightning speed. Join IBTTA, April 18-20, 2010 in Austin, TX and keep your organization current on the latest industry trends to Enhance Mobility Through Innovation. Featured presenters include: Tom Vanderbilt, Keynote, Best-Selling Author and Journalist; Clarence Jones and Ellen Jaffe Jones, Winning News Media, Inc.; and Hans Bleiker and Annemarie Bleiker, Institute for Participatory Management & Planning. The hotel reservation cut-off for this meeting is Friday, March 26th. Click here for registration, hotel and travel information and to view the preliminary agenda. www.IBTTA.org
1) Stealth Indianapolis Airport Study Tracked Phones
Link to article in The Indianapolis Star:
2) NASA Researcher Revolutionizes Air Traffic Management
Link to India Blooms News Service article:
3) Los Angeles Police: Red-Light Camera Report was Flawed
Link to story and video on KABC-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Navigating the Future of GPS Devices
Link to column on CNET News:
5) Wireless Technology to Make Parking Spaces ‘Smart’ in Los Angeles and San Francisco
Link to article on PublicCEO:
6) High-Speed Rail is a Public Relations Orphan
Link to blog in BizTimes:
7) Germany’s Free Democrat’s: ‘Foolish’ Traffic Sign Changes Must End
Link to article on The Local:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) FCC Seeks Input on Common Alerting Protocol-Related Emergency Alert System Rule Changes
Protocol will allow geo-specific warnings to be sent to multiple platforms, including highway signs.
Link to article in Radio World:
9) UPS Invests $1 Billion in Technology to Cut Costs
Link to IDG News Service article:
10) Can Telematics Reinvent Auto Insurance?
Link to article in Telematics Update:
11) Pittsburgh Makes Transit Data Available to Developers
Link to article in TheTransitWire:
12) Pimp Your Ride: Keep Yourself Entertained with These In-Car Gadgets
Link to story and video on STV Living:
TRB Webinar: Managing and Marketing Small Airports – April 6
Today in Transportation History
1910 **100th anniversary** US President William Howard Taft sends Congress a report from the Liberian Commission, which includes a recommendation that the US establish a coaling station in Liberia for US ships.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net