Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop – April 18-20, 2010 in Austin, TX
The toll industry is evolving at an astonishing rate. Driven by financial realities, political change, and technological innovations the industry is facing a wide range of challenges and opportunities and is being forced to respond to them at lightning speed. Join IBTTA, April 18-20, 2010 in Austin, TX and keep your organization current on the latest industry trends to Enhance Mobility Through Innovation. Featured presenters include: Tom Vanderbilt, Keynote, Best-Selling Author and Journalist; Clarence Jones and Ellen Jaffe Jones, Winning News Media, Inc.; and Hans Bleiker and Annemarie Bleiker, Institute for Participatory Management & Planning. The hotel reservation cut-off for this meeting is Friday, March 26th. Click here for registration, hotel and travel information and to view the preliminary agenda. www.IBTTA.org
1) Yellow-Lights Shorter at Chicago Red-Light Camera Intersections
Link to article on Chicago Breaking News:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) GPS Data from New York City Cabs Provides Detailed Picture of Traffic
Link to article in The New York Times:
3) Penn Station Baltimore Announcer Replaced by Digital Voice
Link to story and video on WJZ-TV:
4) In Memoriam: Norfolk Southern Logo, ‘Thoroughbred’ Brand Architect H. Pier Clifford
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
5) Mars Rover Gets Smarter with Age …and Software
Link to CNET News article:
6) EU Shows Off ‘Talking Car’ Technology
Link to article on just-auto:
7) GM’s Car of the Future
Electric-powered vehicle uses GPS and vehicle-to-vehicle communications to determine best route.
Link to article in Forbes:
8) Mobility 2.0 Live at Cooperative Mobility Showcase 2010
Link to article and video from ERTICO-ITS Europe:
2) FCC Reminds Telecommunications Service Providers of Importance of Implementing Advisory Committee 9-1-1 and Enhanced 9-1-1 Services Best Practices
3) Canada’s Skymeter Corporation Scoops the Main Prize in the Coveted Intertraffic Innovation Awards
- Invitation to Negotiate – Video Aggregation Subsystem Phase II – Florida Department of Transportation
TRB Webinar: New Managed Lane Provisions in the 2009 Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) – April 1
Today in Transportation History
1910 **110th anniversary** - Ground was formally broken for construction of a subway tunnel connecting Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net