Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Every weekday, holidays and vacations included, the TCN brings you the latest news and information involving all aspects of communications in the transportation world. In May and November I turn to my readers to ask for support for the newsletter. That support can come in the form of a contribution (please see below for details) or it can come in other ways. One great way to support the TCN is through an ad. Not only do you help the TCN but you get your message out to over 7,500 subscribers. You can join advertisers such as IBTTA, ITS America, GEWI, INRIX, Atkins, Oracle, Open Roads Consulting, Rhythm Engineering, and more, in using the TCN to reach an audience that wants to read your message. The cost? Only $100 an issue and your ad is the only one in that issue! For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1) NextGen Presents Challenges, Benefits for Airports
Link to article on Aviation News Today:
2) Thales Opens Global Air Traffic Management Research Center in Melbourne
Link to article in Australian Aviation:
3) Supporters of Speed Camera Locators Mobilize Against French Government
Link to article in The New York Times:
4) New Washington State Law Allows Cameras on School Buses to Catch Drivers Passing Illegally
Link to article in The Herald:
5) Transportation Libraries – Masters of Information
Link to article in Public Roads:
6) ITS Professional Capacity Building: Setting Strategic Direction 2010-2014
Link to report from US DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) North Carolina Authorities Stage Train Wreck for Training Video
Link to article in the Rocky Mount Telegram:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Facebook Page Posting Information on Drunk Driving Checkpoints and Speed Camera Locations in Perth, Australia
Link to article in The West Australian:
Link to Facebook page:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) India Minister for Home and Transport's Plan for Bengaluru Traffic: ITS
Link to article in the Deccan Chronicle:
10) Traffic Management a Priority for Charlotte Motor Speedway
Link to article in the Independent Tribune:
11) Travel Times Being Added to Interstate Signs in Indianapolis Area
Link to story and audio on WIBC Radio:
12) Canadian AM Stations Increasingly Being Salvaged with All-Traffic Radio News
Link to blog on Yahoo News Canada:
Link to CHMJ Radio: http://www.am730.ca/
13) Do You Need a License to Drive a Driverless Car?
Link to blog on the Txchnologist:
14) Winds of Reform Sweep Swiss Weather Service
Link to article on swissinfo:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
- Comments Sought – Concept of Operations of the Core System of the US DOT's Next Generation Integrated Transportation System – ITS Joint Program Office
3rd P3ITS Workshop – June 9 – Lyon, France
Today in Transportation History
1946 **65th anniversary** US President Harry Truman seized control of the country's railroads in order to prevent a labor strike.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!