Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
I want to thank all of you who contributed to the TCN during my May fundraising drive. Your support is greatly appreciated. I also want to thank those who show their support simply by being a subscriber. Without you, there would be no reason to put the newsletter together each weekday. I hope it continues to be a valued part of your day and, in its own small way, helps to improve transport around the world through the sharing of information. If you would still like to contribute, please see the information below.
1) Digital Cameras and Bluetooth Ease Travel Through Houston Airports
Link to article in Government Technology:
2) Thinking Highways (Europe/RoW) – June/July 2011
Link to magazine:
3) Award-Winning Website a Place to Find Tips and Trails in Maine
Link to article in The Portland Press Herald:
Link to site: http://mainetrailfinder.com/
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Metlink vs. Fare-Evading 'Pariahs' in New TV Spot
Link to article and video in B&T:
5) Canadian Conference Promotes User-Friendly Transit
Link to article in the Leader-Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Houston TranStar Creates Traffic Monitoring System to Avoid Rita-Type Logjam
Link to story and audio on KUHF Radio:
7) Recording and Presentations from May 3 Webinar on Developing Successful Transportation Management Plans Now Available
Link to further information from US DOT:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Webinar: Situational Awareness – A Holistic Approach to Reducing Driver Distraction – June 16
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The RMS Titanic was launched in Belfast.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net