Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Need a cost-effective way to collect and process travel time data on all types of roadways?
Traffax BluFAX line of traffic sensors products are being used by agencies and consultants across North America and internationally. Popular applications include real time monitoring on freeways and arterials, as a replacement for floating car studies, before-and-after studies to assess traffic signal system performance, real-time monitoring and data collection during roadway construction projects, corridor studies, and to support traffic and planning-oriented origin-destination studies for vehicles and pedestrians. Please contact us or our distributors for information about available options and features, pricing, our purchase and short-term rental programs, and product and application support.
1) Iceland’s Grímsvötn Volcano: Europe’s New Airspace Management Approach Put to the Test
Link to article from the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation:
2) Air Traffic Controller Errors Said to be a Real Increase
Link to AP article:
3) ICAO Says Air Traffic Control and Communications are Safety Concerns
Link to AFP article:
4) British Airways Claims Airline First for Windows Mobile
Link to article on Tnooz:
5) Google Testing New Display for Flight Search Results
Link to article on Tnooz:
6) The Wall Street Journal Reveals 'Hidden World' of Business Jets
Link to article on AVweb:
7) Pay Ride-Sharing Website Goes Live Today
Link to article in The Seattle Times:
8) ITS America President Scott Belcher Interviewed on Pittsburgh Radio Show
Link to audio recording from KQV Radio:
9) A High-Tech Revolution is Driving the Parking Industry
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) New Coalition Aims to Raise Nation's Awareness of Transportation 'Crisis'
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
Link to news release from the American Crisis in Transportation Coalition:
11) In Jam on Van Wyck? Try to Say It Right
New York traffic reporters and others struggle with pronunciation of Queens expressway.
Link to article in The New York Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) Electronic Driving Coach Helps Those with Traumatic Brain Injury
Link to story on WTVQ-TV:
13) Safe Highway Matters – Spring 2011
Link to newsletter:
14) Dispelling the Myths of Telematics
Link to blog in Fleet News:
15) DC Metro Can Learn from the New York MTA's Tweeting
Link to blog on Greater Greater Washington:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Shenzhen to Have 1.6 Billon Yuan for Intelligent Traffic System
Link to article in the Shenzhen Post:
17) NHTSA Developing Guidelines for In-Vehicle Communications Systems
Link to Bloomberg article:
18) South Australia Government Trials Cohda Wireless' In-Car Collision Avoidance Technology
Link to article on iTWire:
19) EU to Launch Proposals for Fraud-Proof Digitachs
Link to article on Road Transport:
- Manager, Market Development – Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority – San Jose, California
- Field Operations Manager – Southern California Regional Rail Authority – Pomona, California
Webinar: Talking Freight Seminar - Freight and Livability – June 15
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** US President John F. Kennedy announced to a joint session of Congress the goal of placing a man on the moon by end of the decade.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net