Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, September 23, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) JetBlue CEO Calls for Air-Traffic Control Reform
Link to Reuters article:
2) Several Indian Cities to be Under 24x7 CCTV Surveillance Soon
Link to article in The Times of India:
3) The History and Adventure of Maps with Ken Jennings
Link to interview on KUOW Radio's Weekday:
4) State of Maine Apologizes to Penobscot Nation for Bus Inspections on Tribal Land
Both agree to implement procedures for better communication.
Link to article in the Bangor Daily News:
5) Telematics and the Connected Car: How to Deal with Increasing Data Use
Link to article in Telematics Update:
6) South Carolina's CARTA to Offer Google Transit
Clemson bus ridership up 20% in two years after offering Google Transit.
Link to article in The Post and Courier:
7) Norfolk Tide Light-Rail Line Adds Wi-Fi, Online Ticket-Purchase Option
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot:
8) Wayfinding in the New York City Subway Sucks. Here are Three Ways to Fix It
Link to article on Co.Design:
9) U.S. News & World Report Error Turns TriMet's '#1 Transit' Signs Into False Advertising
Link to blog in The Oregonian:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) London Olympic Travel Plans Hit by Business Secrecy
Link to article in the Financial Times:
11) Qatar to Have State-of-the-Art Transportation System
Ministry working with Qatar University on smart traffic information system.
Link to article in The Peninsula:
12) Audi: Connecting Cars to the City via Internet
Link to article on Wheels.ca:
ITS California NorCal Luncheon Workshop: Team California – September 26 – Oakland, California
Take a flight over the planet Earth. (Best viewed full screen)
Today in Transportation History
1641 **370th anniversary** The Merchant Royal, carrying millions of dollars worth of gold and coins, sank off the Isles of Scilly.
1911 **100th anniversary** The Argentine battleship ARA Moreno was launched from a shipyard in Camden, New Jersey.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net