Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, September 29, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Attend IBTTA's Facilities Management and Maintenance Workshop, October 23-25, 2011 in Nashville, TN
IBTTA's Facilities Management and Maintenance Workshop will explore challenges and solutions to operating a toll facility. Topics range from emergency management, performance measurement and bridge restoration to safety, design and toll collection in an AET environment. This meeting is ideal for toll industry professionals with an interest in maintenance, operations, security, technology, engineering, design. Arrive a day early and take part in IBTTA’s Community Service Project — Waterway Clean Up. On Sun., October 23, attendees will have the opportunity to assist Nashville’s flood recovery by participating in a special waterway clean-up project aimed at unclogging the natural water flow by removing trash and debris from a local waterway and its neighboring banks. Visit www.IBTTA.org/nashville to view the preliminary brochure, register, and learn about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities. Register by October 7, 2011.
1) Federal Committee: Airlines Should Get Government Loans to Buy NextGen Equipment
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) Marketing of Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport
Link to article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
3) New Washington State Law Allows Traffic Cameras on School Buses
Link to article on seattlepi.com:
4) 'Smart City' Tech Investment to Total $108 Billion by 2020
Link to SmartPlanet blog:
5) Traffic-Smoothing Signals Spread Out Across Florida's Space Coast
Link to article in Florida Today:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) California Highway Patrol Says Motorcycle Awareness Campaign Cut Fatalities
Link to article in The Sacramento Bee:
7) Video Conferencing System Helps Emergency Response Teams Mobilize
Link to article on SearchUnifiedCommunications.
8) Bug Fixer Update for Google Maps Brings Improved Transit Navigation
Link to article on Phandroid:
9) San Benito County, California Joins Google Transit to Aid Route Planning
Link to article in the Hollister Free Lance:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Drivers Still Confused by Electronic Road Signs in Washington State
Link to story on KING-TV:
11) New Freeway Cameras Will Monitor Traffic Flow in Ann Arbor, Michigan Area; Message Boards Will Warn of Congestion
Link to article on AnnArbor.com:
RailTrends 2011 – November 1-2 – New York City
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** Italy and Turkey went to war over what is today known as Libya. The war was the first to use airplanes.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net