Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 19, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Transportation Voice Recordings
If you're a reader of the TCN you're probably interested in good communications. Part of that is making sure your message is clear and persuasive. I can help you with that. I'm one of the few people who specialize in transportation voice recordings. There are unique challenges in communicating in transportation environments such as acoustics and background noise, and I can help you deal with those challenges. My voice is heard by thousands daily in one of the toughest locations in the world, the New York City subway. I'm also the voice who welcomes travelers to Kennedy and Newark Liberty airports onboard the AirTrain.
Transit isn't the only place my work can be heard. For example, I've narrated videos for Econolite, and the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority; TV and radio commercials for NJ Transit; phone recordings for TransCore and PATH; and a PowerPoint presentation for the I-95 Corridor Coalition. I've even done line announcing, such as for the cornerstone laying ceremony for the new 1 World Trade Center tower.
1) Air-Controller Errors in Philadelphia Up in 2010
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
2) Cameras, GPS to Track Cappadocia, Turkey's Wayward Hot-Air Balloons
Link to article in Today's Zaman:
3) How Airlines Have Take Flight with Social Media
Link to infographic on Mashable:
4) Smartphone Apps Help Cyclists Explore the World
Link to DPA article:
5) Gloucestershire Highways Attaching CCTV Cameras to Stop/Go Signs at Road Projects
Link to article in the Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard:
6) Video to Solve Traffic Problems Discussed at US DOT Meeting
Link to article in Government Video:
7) Traffic Camera Installed in Kenai, Alaska to Help with Congestion
Link to article in the Peninsula Clarion:
8) New York City Taxi Advertisers Protest Decision Not to Post Ads
Link to AP article:
9) News from ERTICO
- Viajeo Holds Workshop in Beijing on Demo Site Activities
- SATIE Orchestrates European Large-Scale Action for ITS
10) Emergency Communications: Is It Time for VoIP to Shine?
Link to article in Parking Today:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
11) Transportation Departments Take a Look at Social Networking
Link to article in Urgent Communications:
12) GPS-Based Information System to Provide Passengers Information in Mumbai and Howrah Rajdhanis
Link to article in The Economic Times:
13) 'Bridgeman' Puts His Dream to Rest
New York City bridge photographer, Dave Frieder, closes chapter in project.
Link to column in The Record:
SAFETY / SECURITY
14) Free Program Lets Michigan Parents Keep Tabs on Teen Drivers
Link to article in the Livingston Daily:
Link to additional information from the Michigan Sheriffs' Association:
15) Transportation Security Success Stories
Link to article in Security Technology Executive:
16) Suburban Chicago Train Crossings Prove More Deadly Than Those in City
Northwestern University study leads experts to search for ways to prevent fatalities on area tracks.
Link to column in the Chicago Tribune:
17) ATX Group: 'Consumers Around the Globe Demand Connectivity'
Link to interview in Telematics Update:
18) Telematics: A Driving Force in the Auto Market
Link to article in EE Times Asia:
19) New York Subway 'iPad' May Signal New Era of Better Rider Relations
Link to article in the Daily News:
Link to news release from New York City Transit:
20) When Trouble Brews, Montreal Bus Drivers Radio STM Control Center
Link to article in The Gazette:
21) Oklahoma State University Transit to Offer Bus Locator Service
Link to article in The Daily O'Collegian:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
22) Corporation Picked to Run Intelligent Transport System in Mysore
Link to article in Daily News & Analysis:
23) TrafficAlert Wins Mobile App Competition at Canadian Wireless Trade Show
Link to article and video in Marketnews:
24) TV Program Looks at Intelligent Transportation Systems
Link to Flashpoint on WKMG-TV:
25) New Blog by TCN Editor Focuses on Traveler Information in New Jersey
Link to Navigating the Garden State on Cranford Patch:
Webinar: 2009 MUTCD Proposed Rule on Compliance Dates – September 22
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** NASA Administrator James Webb announced the new Manned Spacecraft Center would be built near Houston.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net