Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Google Flight-Search Service Takes Off
Link to article on CNET News:
2) Inflight – Autumn 2011
Link to magazine of in-flight entertainment and passenger communications:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Should Whatcom Transportation Authority Pay to Have Its Meetings Filmed, Broadcast?
Link to article in The Bellingham Herald:
4) Seattle Cop to 'Tweetalong'
Police officer will tweet about every call he responds to during a shift.
Link to story on KCPQ-TV:
5) China High-Speed Rail Preparing to Offer 4G WiMAX Service Next Year
Link to article on C114:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Firefighters, Police Create Video on Highway Accident Response Safety on Maine Turnpike
Link to article in the Journal Tribune:
7) Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Telematics: From Testing to Tipping Point
Link to article in Telematics Update:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) UK Motorists Could Get Live Weather Information from Their Satnavs
Link to article in The Telegraph:
Link to further information from the UK Parliament:
9) Work Progresses on Johns Creek, Georgia's Intelligent Traffic System
Link to article on Johns Creek Patch:
10) SMS Service in Disarray, Chandigarh, India Cops Rope in FM Radio Stations for Traffic Alerts
Link to Express News Service article:
11) Ford Kicks Off Hackathon Contest with Spotify Integration
Link to CNET News article:
12) Ford's Evos Takes Cars to the Cloud
Link to article on Discovery News:
- Toll Operations Manager – State Road and Tollway Authority – Atlanta, Georgia
Lecture: New York Metro's Transportation Network – Looking to the Future – September 22 – New York
Today in Transportation History
1936 **75th anniversary** The first flight of the Pedaliante, a human-powered aircraft built by Enea Bossi and Vittorio Bonomi.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net