Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
2nd Abu Dhabi Global Road Safety Forum: secure your place today
May 11-13, 2014 (additional training on May 14 & 15)
The Abu Dhabi Global Road Safety Forum is a unique meeting for road safety professionals interested in identifying the means to continuously improve road safety performance and achieve ambitious 'vision zero' targets in fast-motorizing countries. The Forum features high-level policy roundtables addressing the strategic goals of the UN Decade of Action, training courses for road safety practitioners, and an international exhibition showcasing promising technologies and programs.
Join some of the world's leading road safety specialists and secure your place today at
1) International Civil Aviation Organization Convenes Flight-Tracking Summit
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
2) University of Alaska Fairbanks and Fort Wainwright Work Together with Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Link to article from DVIDS:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Bike-Share Creates a Social Network for Riders
Link to article on PSFK:
4) Dallas Pushing Expanded Video of Traffic Violations
Link to story on KXAS-TV:
5) Kuala Lumpur Looks to Revive Obsolete Intelligent Transport System
Link to article in The Star:
6) Website Collects Online Information for Road Trips
Link to article in The New York Times:
7) Federal Railroad Administration Revises Passenger Train Emergency Preparedness Regs
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
8) Chevy Chase Village, Maryland Hopes to Get Rid of Unnecessary Street Signs
Link to article on Bethesda Now:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Missouri DOT Unveils Noisy New Safety Devices
Link to story on KMBC-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Arlington, Texas Manages Final Four Traffic
Link to story on KXAS-TV:
- Call for Participation – International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo
Integrated Corridor Management Workshop: Decision Support System – April 29 – Pittsburgh
Today in Transportation History
1964 **50th anniversary** Four unions went on strike against the Illinois Central Railroad.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net