Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, April 21, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Pedestrian Warning Signs in Dublin Criticized
Link to article in Dublin People:
2) Technology Speeds Up US-Mexico Truck Trade
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
3) China Eavesdropping on Philippines Maritime Activities?
Link to article from The Philippine Star:
4) How Smart Cities Adapt to Growing Populations
Link to article in State Tech:
5) UK Transport Secretary to Ax Pointless Traffic Signs
Link to article in The Daily Mail:
6) South Carolina Adding Highway Signs for Working Farms, Rural Attractions
Link to AP article:
7) A 'Smart' Transit System is Coming to Boston
Link to interview on WBUR Radio's Radio Boston:
8) The Power of Color in Transit
Link to article in Mass Transit:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont Develop $1.7 Million Traffic Management Center
Link to article in the Eagle-Tribune:
10) Nokia Here Traffic: Inside the Team Tracking America's Roads
Link to article on SlashGear:
11) Sending Alerts Instead, GM Delayed Car Recalls
Link to article in The New York Times:
12) Warning System Helps Truckers 'See' Around Corners
Link to article in The Australian:
1) Shanghai OnStar Introduces Upgraded Voice Recognition System, Traffic-on-Demand, Mobile App and Security Service at Auto China 2014
Real-Time Passenger Information Delivery: North America 2014 – May 28-29 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1969 **45th anniversary** The Space Shuttle Task Group was formed by NASA.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net