Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, April 10, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Wall Webinar – Basics of Fiber Optics – CTS Certification Training
Join us for a Mitsubishi Data Wall Webinar, April 23rd at 10am PT/ 1pm ET. Pete Putman, a well-known contributing editor in the AV industry, will be discussing the "Basics of Optical Fiber."
If you hold an InfoComm CTS Certificate, you’ll be eligible for 1 renewable unit after completing the course. Register online today by visiting:
1) Helsinki 'Smart Public Transport' Trial Could Cut Car Journeys
Link to story on YLE:
2) AT&T, Transit Wireless Look to Expand New York Subway Cell Service
Link to article on CNET:
Link to news release
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
3) Technology a Big Part of Traffic Management for Pulaski Skyway Closure in New Jersey
Link to story on Transportation Radio:
4) Traffic Watchers Work to Keep Augusta, Georgia Commute Smooth During Masters Week
Link to article in The Augusta Chronicle:
5) As Technology Advances, Florida Transportation Officials Prepare for Smarter Vehicles
Link to article in the Tallahassee Democrat:
1) StoryTeller Launches Enhanced Inrix Traffic App, Expanding Newsroom Traffic-Reporting Capabilities
4) Communication Instead of Collision: Research Project Focuses on the Interaction Between Cyclists and Drivers
- Call for Poster Abstracts and Student Papers – TRB Integrated Corridor Transportation Management System Workshop
ITS Australia Business & Networking Event – May 2 – Melbourne
Today in Transportation History
1794 **220th anniversary** Matthew Perry, a commodore of the US Navy, was born in Newport, Rhode Island.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net