Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
July 20-22 is IBTTA’s Summit on AET, Managed Lanes & Interoperability in San Diego, CA
All-electronic tolling, managed lanes and the drive to interoperability are already changing the face of highway transportation. This IBTTA Summit July 20-22 gives you the latest on the technologies driving the transition, as well as the customer service and communication challenges that shape implementation. Learn about the Intelligent Transportation Systems that are already transforming modern toll roads, as well as the options for addressing security and privacy concerns that are at the top of many customers’ minds. And most important, join your colleagues and peers to explore the close link between AET and interoperability, and how to leverage both to support expanded use of managed lanes. Visit www.IBTTA.org/sandiego for details and register today!
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Route-Planning App for Pedestrians to Be Introduced in South Korea
Link to article on The Korea Bizwire:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Japan's Plan for Centimeter-Resolution GPS
Link to article in IEEE Spectrum:
3) How Parking Data Drives Urban Planning
Link to article in GCN:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Idaho Power Partners with Idaho Transportation Department to Promote Seat-Belt Use
Link to video:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Utah DOT Says New BYU Traffic Safety Model Saving Lives and Money
Link to story on KSTU-TV:
6) Senator Charles Schumer Wants Railroads to Alert Communities About Transport of Hazardous Materials
Link to article in the Daily Freeman:
7) Study: Most Texans Drive and Talk; Many Text
Link to article on The Texas Tribune:
8) A Way of Tracking Deer Helps New York City Police Follow Their Prey in the Subway
Link to article in The New York Times:
9) New York MTA Testing Solar-Powered Kiosks that Provide Real-Time Info
Link to article in Metro:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Virginia DOT Signs Would Offer US 60 as Relief from I-64 Traffic
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot:
11) New Roswell, Georgia Traffic Center Works to Warn Drivers
Link to story on WSB-TV:
- Director, Office of Mobility Innovation – Federal Transit Administration – Washington, DC
APTA Rail Conference – June 15-18 – Montreal
Today in Transportation History
1989 **25th anniversary** The battleship USS Iowa returned to its homeport of Norfolk following an onboard explosion that killed 47 sailors.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net