Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 30, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
May TCN Fundraiser Comes to a Close
First, thank you to all who have made a contribution to the TCN. It's very much appreciated! Since today is the last weekday in May you won't be seeing any contribution requests until November, but until then your support is certainly welcome. As always, you can make a contribution by mail or PayPal. Just scroll down for further information. You can also support the TCN in other ways, including buying ads and hiring me to do voice work. Hear my latest voice project in this Iteris video: http://youtu.be/lU1rOMxxoSY or by calling the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey's main phone number at 212-435-7000.
1) Flawed Online Reservation System Cost Augusta Regional Airport Thousands During Masters Tournament
Link to article in The Augusta Chronicle:
2) Air Traffic Management Issue in Middle East
Link to article in Arabian Business:
3) Designers Tackle the Seven Great Miseries of Flying
Link to article in Fast Company:
4) SESAR Magazine – June 2014
Link to magazine:
5) Oil on the Water? Report It with New App
Link to article in the Asbury Park Press:
6) US Transportation Secretary Foxx Talks About Innovation
Link to interview in Fast Company:
7) Volpe Center News – May 30
Link to update:
8) National Online Dialogue on Transportation and Assistive Devices and Technologies – Deadline Extended to June 6
Link to further information:
9) Traffic Management Systems – Train Regulation Made Easy?
Link to article in The Rail Engineer:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Lawmakers Accuse TSA of Falsely Classifying Documents
Link to article in The Hill:
11) OnStar Offers Crisis Assistance During Weather Emergencies
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
12) Oregon State University Students Develop Mobile Apps for Transit Riders
Link to article in the Corvallis Gazette-Times:
13) MBTA Outlines Tech Priorities for Green Line
Link to article in The Transit Wire:
14) Build a Comprehensive Public Transit Map at Jersey City's First Hackathon
Link to article in The Jersey Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) North Carolina DOT Electronic Signs Hacked Across State
Link to story on WGHP-TV:
16) Pennsylvania DOT to Guard Against Electronic Road Sign Hackers
Link to story on WPMT-TV:
17) IBM Partners with TransWiseway for Connected Car Deal in China
Link to Bloomberg article:
Link to news release
18) How Google Got States to Legalize Driverless Cars
Link to AP article:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Thinking about vacation plans? I'd avoid these routes.
Seminar: Engaging Drivers – Who Jams Up the Roads, and What to Do About It – June 13 – Davis, California
Today in Transportation History
1539 **475th anniversary** Hernando de Soto landed on the west coast of present day Florida in advance of his exploration of what is now the southeastern United States.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net